Looney Bin Here I come!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I know this is a place where I can come to and mainly everyone will know what I am talking about! I just need to let it all out. I have been in peri for about 4 years. My symptoms started with an increase in my already anxious in panicky self. My periods became closer, about 21-24 days apart, and heavier (and I already had heavy periods). That lasted over two years. The last year and a half they have been slowly having longer times in between (with a few short for good measure, lol). In the last 4 months it has been 51 days, 24 days and the last one was 64 days, and I am on day 8 of bleeding (which it use to last 6 days, with some 8 days) and it doesn't seem to be letting up. My anxiety is absolutely though the roof. It's even been hard for me to go anywhere for a long time (I had to go to the dentist in August and it was horrible. Thankfully they were great). I feel stressed all the time. I can't sleep. I feel like my head is detached from my body. Vertigo, ringing in the ears, exhaustion to the point I don't want to do anything, gaining weight even though I watch what I eat, feeling like I am looking at the world through fog, emotional, irritable, crying, prickly feeling all over, numbness and prickles in the face, tmj, eye twitching, achy, sore joints, tight neck and shoulders, panic attacks, and the list goes on. I do have fibromyalgia and this definitely has made it worse. I go the doctor next Friday for a complete check up, pap smear, and blood work. I haven't been to a doctor in years and I am a wreck. I also have really bad health anxiety, so I think they are going to find something horrible. So yeah..lol! How's everything with you guys 😃

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laurie! Oh my gosh do I feel your pain! I have had more problems and more tests the last few years from perimenopause. Its been a nightmare and the health anxiety being one of the worst. Every time I have any new pain or ache I panic. It's been very difficult for me to navigate through what I'm feeling and wondering are these real symptoms I should worry about or is my health anxiety making it worse? Ugh, its all terrible! I understand you're worrying about your appt. I had a mammogram 2 weeks ago and literally made myself physically sick fearing what they would find. Everything was normal as I'm sure yours will be too. Praying for comfort for you and you're not alone in this! Im always here if you need to chat! 😁

• Posted

I appreciate your reply! Health anxiety is the worst! I have diagnosed myself with so many things, lol! I am glad I am going to the doctors, hopefully it all goes well! I have myself dead and buried most of the time 😃..You don't hesitate to reach out either!! Sending hugs your way!

• Edited

You are far from alone, Laurie; I can promise you that! I completely understand what you are going through, and, yes, sometimes it feels like I am going insane! This process has been going on for over three years now, and it takes a massive amount of strength and energy to push forward. My cycles started shortening about two years ago. Then, last year, I went 101 days with no period. Recently, my periods are lengthening again. Everything really seems to have ramped up in the last several months. My body alternates between feeling numb and then having zinging electricity going through it. I feel nauseous, disoriented, super anxious, always thinking the worst when things are bad. I am bloated and have GI issues. My mood is all over the place: sometimes stable, sometimes dark, sometimes super angry, and sometimes anxious.

Through it all, though, I work hard on keeping hope alive and reminding myself that one day I will reach the end, and so will you. Just think about how easy life will be when all of this is behind us!

Sending hugs your way:)

Bev xo

• Posted

You have described me with your symptoms as well! Amazing what this time of life can do to you physically and mentally. I think we are just all so exhausted and done at this point (and not just from the virus).. I pray that your symptoms ease and that you reach the home stretch!! Sending hugs to you!!

• Edited

i cam definitely relate!!!! Almost to a T!!! I have pretty much diagnosed through rule out and research that it is hormonal/perimenopause! i have been to the OBGYN, family dr, cardiologist and just a trip to the ER a couple of days ago because i was like this is not just hormones! This is scary!!! A chest xray, more bloodwork amd EKG later, the dr in the ER said they saw nothing! Thank God! i know something is wrong, is off! Sometimes it feels as though i am feeling better then as soon as i say it i start feeling bad! panic attacks, anxiety on 10000000000!!!! SMH!!! i just turned 40 in Sept and i started around April..just out of nowhere! i OVERSTAND what you are experiencing! now the shortness of breath and chest tightness is back, with little twinges, headaches, oh my gosh...its so many things now i cant even describe them! i just dont feel good! extreme exhaustion!!! SMH!! i have another appt at my OBGYN on Wed and i told her i wanted EVERYTHING tested!!!! i think if i know for certain it is hormonal then that will at least ease my anxiety and i will be able to cope with it a little better! Praying for you!

• Edited

That's the thing, hormones can make it seem like you have something seriously wrong with you. Whether it's the numbness and tingling, heart palpitations, tight chest, head issues, vertigo, etc..I have given myself all kinds of diseases! My doctor said she was going to run a lot of tests, so we shall see! Not nervous about going to her, but her finding something seriously wrong! Ugh! Lol! Sending you hugs and prayers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.