Loop monitor result

Posted , 2 users are following.

Normal sinus rhythm with  Sinus Tachycardia, Symptomatic occasional PVC'S 

above is my loop monitor result. If anybody has any experiences regarding "Symptomatic occasional PVC'S" please let me know. 

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

"Normal sinus rhythm with  Sinus Tachycardia" means you have a normal heart beat/rhythm which is too fast, at least 100bpm at rest.

Symptomatic means you are getting symptoms from your occasional PVCs

And PVCs are Premature ventricular contractions, Mayoclinic says:-

If you have occasional premature ventricular contractions, but you're otherwise healthy, there's probably no reason for concern, and no need for treatment. If you have frequent premature ventricular contractions or underlying heart disease, you might need treatment.

Symptoms

Premature ventricular contractions often cause few or no symptoms. But you might feel an odd sensation in your chest, such as:

Fluttering

Pounding or jumping

Skipped beats or missed beats

Increased awareness of your heartbeat

I have them, here is an ecg of them I took last night, keeping me awake in the middle of the night because they feel like little muffled explosions whose ting shock waves can be felt around my whole body. Or if I lie on my left hand side, feels like a have a bald wet weasel wriggling around in my chest trying to find the way out. 

• Posted

"If you have frequent premature ventricular contractions or underlying heart disease, you might need treatment."

I know that I get PVC's occasionally. Sometimes I get a few of these on the same day and some days I get a break from it. However, I don't know if there are any underlying issues. I have a lot of weird symptoms for over a year. Echocardiogram and ECG did not show anything abnormal. My symptoms are also very bothersome at night. Sometimes I woke up from sleep middle of the night with fast beats. One day I felt nausea and then suddenly my heart started beating fast. This symptom was very scary to me. Loop monitor detected 107,128, 112, and 93 HR on different days while I was in bed lying down or I was in sleep. It also recorded very high beats -155 and 160 during activities around the house. To me, these numbers are very high. The cardiologist did not call me. He just sent the report to the family physician. One doctor suggested Bita blocker but I am not confident taking Bita blocker. I think I should know the underlying cause of high beats before taking Bita Blocker. I am confused about taking or not taking the Bita blocker because my heart raises most of the time during a little activity and at night in sleep. 

One question, are you on any medication? Thanks

• Posted

Hi Monica, you will see from my picture how frequent my PVCs are, sometimes they are every other beat, yet the cardiologists are not too concerned, they are happy they cured my Ventricular Tachycardia, (see second pic), seems they like to keep people alive but are not so bothered about quality of life.

Do you have the Reveal Linq loop monitor like I, how do you know what it is detecting regarding your heartbeat whilst you are asleep?, wish mine would, it only records when I tell it to with the keyfob. a couple of nights ago whilst I was asleep, my heart beat ranged from 27 to 164. (see first pic, the lower blue graph is my heartbeat and you can see its up and down all the time)!

Regarding beta blockers, most people are OK with them, but I would say they have ruined my life, I was found to be allergic to them, I think they have given me Autonomic Neuropathy, they upset the balance of your Autonomic Nervous System by blocking adrenaline receptors, there are quite a few of us here that have been made very ill by these, especially Bisoprolol, so I would only take it if your life depended on it. Try not to be anxious about your heart, as that in itself will give you palpitations and increase heart rate. If you click on my profile, you can read up about what has happened to me from the very day I took beta blockers if you wish.

• Posted

Forgot to say, no, I am not on any medication, last beta blocker was last March and you wont find me taking one again!
    • Posted

"Do you have the Reveal Linq loop monitor like I, how do you know what it is detecting regarding your heartbeat whilst you are asleep?" NO I don't have any Loop monitor. 

Back in December, I bought an oxymetre which showed my pulse rate was 180 one morning. After seeing such a high number I ran to the doctor. I was put on a loop monitor from a cardiac center. I personally don't own any loop monitor. Around that time I used to wake up every night with funny discomfort on my chest with raising heartbeats. I pressed the loop monitor everytime I had those symptoms. As you probably know a loop monitor records a rhythm a few seconds before and after pressing the record button. In my previous posinting, I added a few pictures of my records that I received from the cardiac center.

In case oxymetre shows a crazy number I stopped using it. I wear my Fitbit when I go to sleep and walk to see my total steps. 

High pulse rate does not bother me anymore. You can say I am used to it by now.  I feel dizzy, light-headed,  nausea, cramps during my daily activities which are very disturbing and not so normal for a quality of life. The worst and the scariest time is waking up from sleep. I am in a doubt that physical activities like taking stairs and some laborious work triggers my symptoms.  Recently I took stairs which gave me neck pain and fast beats at night. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.