Loop recorder fitted please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'll keep this as short as i can ...Im 33 & ive got Graves disease, in January I had a total thyroidectomy & I was so happy thinking id finally get my life back and get rid of the awful symptoms i'd been suffering for nearly 2 years including high blood pressure and palpitations...but no!!! Things have only got worse my palpitations are more intense & more frequent, im now breathless whenever I exert myself i cant even walk upstairs without having to sit down as soon as im at the top, ive also started to faint.

I was admitted to hospital several times sent by my GP and each time was told i was just recovering from surgery, that thyroid surgery was pretty major my bodys in shock from not having one...

I had a heart ultrasound & was told that its not normal but its not entirely abnornal either ?? and was scheduled to have a stress MRI but because of everything happening right now it was cancelled.

Well i collapsed last week & ive no idea how long i was out for (i live alone) and when i next spoke to the GP she spoke to a cardiologist who said i needed to go to hospital which i did. I was kept in overnight and the next day went by without me speaking to anyone. Finally at about 5.30pm a Nurse told me she was taking me to cardiology outpatients where id be spoken to & discharged so off we went...next thing im being taken into a room by a guy in scrubs who whilst walking is talking about some procedure hes about to do on me, well it turns out the cardiologist had written in my notes that hed spoken with me that morning and gone through a plan with me but he hadn't!!!!! I ended up having a loop recorder inserted but it was very very briefly explained to me. I was sent home with a thing i was told to plug next to my bed and some kind of button device and told they'd contact me in about a month.

I'm so upset and frustrated ive got no idea how the thing works or if im meant to do anything. If i collapse again what happens? Please anyone if you have any advice id be so grateful im feeling so lost 😦

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.