Loose floating stools

Posted , 6 users are following.

Advice needed please! Ive been suffering from loose floating stools for quite a while now, I have recently been feeling anxious and put it dien to that however have felt better recently but the loose stools have continued. It is usually only first thing in the morning. I have lost a little weight but I had put this down to being off my food due to feeling anxious. I do bloat after eating but this is normal for me and has happened as long as i remember.

To make my worry even more I went for a reflexology session and I did not disclose any of this to the reflexologist who at the end of the session indicated a digestive problem and a build up in my lymph nodes. Im now petrified, can anyone share any similar experiences. thank you.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

if it's something thats worrying you go to a gastroenterolgist and get testing done to put your mind at ease. a reflexologist would not be able to diagnose diseases of the digestive system with out further investigation. do you have a gallbladder?

• Posted

yes I still gave a gallbladder. I guess I was just a bit shocked that they could pick up that I had a problem as well as mentioning my lymph nodes which worried me but I guess that could be anything! Ive got an appointment for bloods to be taken. Thank you for replying.

• Posted

of course. keep us updated on what you find out i hope you get answers

• Posted

I agree with the other replies, you do need to go to a dr and get a clinical diagnosis and then treatment. I am a huge fan of alternative treatments and although reflexologists can tell that a system is struggling it does NOT mean it is something sinister!!! Please consult a dr for your own peace of mind and try to eat lean and clean in the meantime, diet is a huge factor.

• Posted

im into fitness quite a lot and see your symptoms a lot and im not sure of your diet but loose and floating stools is a classic sign of eating fatty foods, try a really low fat diet for a week or two and see what happens.

• Posted

Eat healthy foods and see if things change. You shouldn't be scared by what the reflexologist said. Did they mention what they saw on you to come to this conclusion? I was skeptical when seeing one however, there are visble signs they showed me of stomach problems I had. I would schedule appt. with your doctor if you're that worried however, you don't mention any pain or pooping issues. If you want me to tell you how they knew I had stomach problems let me know, but I was wondering how they came to your conclusion.

• Posted

yes please let me know. my heel was a purply colour apparently that indicates digestive/stomach issues. I have been having loose greasy stools daily, only first thing in the morning.

• Posted

Go and see a proper doctor and have genuine tests. A diagnosis is not reached by vague sensations or feelings; it is arrived at by taking a detailed medical history from the patient and matching it up with known health conditions. It is a gastroenterologist you should be seeing who specialize in digestive problems.

• Posted

There was a red bump in my ear that correlated to the stomach area. Please see my comment below about Reflexologists. Hope you find answers soon!

• Posted

Just for information a reflexologist cannot see anything, they cannot show you anything!!! they can however feel areas on your feet that refer to reflex points that maybe congested or inflamed, they get a feeling in area that is similar to crystals. You may however feel a little pain when they come across an area where you have an issue such as a sore back etc. A reflexologist cannot give you a diagnosis and are not professional if they do so.

• Posted

Reflexologists that deal with peoples ears besides their feet can see and take a picture to show the patient where specific problems in the human body are present. Our ears are a map to each part of our body, google "ear map" and you can see. Congestion or inflammation can be visible via discoloration, bumps, red veins, etc... on specific parts of the ear that correlate with parts of the human body. Ear acupuncture can be used to help a persons body get back in balance or in other words to try to help the problem.

Yes, they are probably not professional MD's however, they may be able to see or feel more than what you think because why did this reflexologist pick digestive problems out of all the illnesses out there?

• Posted

Reflexologists that deal with peoples ears besides their feet can see and take a picture to show the patient where specific problems in the human body are present. Our ears are a map to each part of our body, google "ear map" and you can see. Congestion or inflammation can be visible via discoloration, bumps, red veins, etc... on specific parts of the ear that correlate with parts of the human body. Ear acupuncture can be used to help a persons body get back in balance or in other words to try to help the problem.

Yes, they are probably not professional MD's however, they may be able to see or feel more than what you think because why did this reflexologist pick digestive problems out of all the illnesses out there?

• Posted

I did not suggest at all that reflexology does not pick up on areas where there maybe an issue, I stated that this could be something very simple on the day but the original post has a concern and is now scared that it may be something more sinister and suggested that that they get a more clinical diagnosis. Lets get real here, alternative therapies are full of holistic benefits we all know that BUT not a cure and any therapist worth their salt will encourage their clients to seek traditional medical help where necessary. I have had reflexology for over 20 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.