Loose mushy stool every morning upon waking

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm 38 year old female and for a couple of years now I've been having loose mushy stools upon waking. I only have the one bowel movement a day and have no other symptoms, no bleeding, no weight loss, and feel OK. On the odd occasion I have a bowel movement later in the day which isn't very often it is more firmer and blobs. Is this something I should be concerned about. I do recall having a terrible sickness and tummy bug which lasted 2 weeks and woke up one night soaking wet as though I had been thrown Into a bath, my pjamas were soaked. Don't remember if my stools have been like this since the bug and if it could be related in anyway?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi

i have this. have you had any investigation s? what is your diet like?

• Posted

Hi, no I haven't had any investigations, I feel I eat healthy, I always cook from scratch with fresh ingredients. For breakfast I have toast or porridge. Then dinner I have a sandwich of ham or cheese with tomatoes. Then for my main meals through out the week I eat salmon roast potatoes and green beans, spaghetti bolognese , chicken curry and rice, steak with sweet potatoes,a Sunday cooked roast etc. I have one or two coffees a day and squash through out the day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.