Loose Stool, hyper sensitive nervous system, buzzing feets and legs, what can it be ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I hope someone can maybe give me some advice or knowledge to what causes my symptoms.

29 year old Male

I've had Social anxiety for many years, but last year due to a lot of stress and a massive amount of caffeine intake, I had a full blown panic attack. These Panic attacks kept comming, and i started on Zoloft and Oxazepam to help me through the first weeks until medication started working.

During this time my symptoms started, or i started noticing them. I got daily loose stool and constant buzzing in both feets, this would sometimes move up through the body, to the point where i had my whole body except my head and arms buzzing. It feels like a electric feeling and doesnt hurt.

I thought it was the side effects of Zoloft, and after 4 weeks, my anxiety was down to a state, where i wouldnt take the Oxaxapam anymore. I was on 75 MG, but due to the daily loose stool and buzzing feeling, I tapered off Zoloft.

However symptoms are still there now, about 5 month after quitting Zoloft. It doesnt feel like anxiety is what causing these problems. I don't feel anxious, just very restless due to the discomfort, and I've never had a panic attack since stopping Zoloft.

I dont have more frequent stools, once a day only, but everytime its loose. Constant buzzing/current feeling in both feets, that still moves up through the body at times, can't really see a pattern to why it does this. It never affects the head and arms, always feet, legs, then torso.

I've been thinking a lot about diet or any vitamin deffiency, that could be causing this or if it is still anxiety just manifested in the body in a wierd way? I'm confussed and tired of not being able to just being able to relax.

What would you advice me to try or do in this case ?

Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi John. I get these feelings but its my anxiety and having a bad stomach. The tingling starts in the feet then goes through my whole body. It becomes a panic attack and then left with anxiety. It may be worth asking your Dr for some investigations in to your bowel habits. I have also joined the IBS network. Lots of good advice on there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.