Loose stools after sigmoidoscopy and bowel prep

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had bowel prep and sigmoidoscopy three weeks ago and since have been having loose stools every time I eat,feel

Like I need to poop constantly,loads of stress also lately Anyone else has this worrying like crazy now

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had one a week ago and am going through same thing
    • Posted

It's horrible every time eat Corrie I need the loo scared of eating now have you spoke to a doc about it

• Posted

No but I will-I didn'tvgo for three days after and then diarrhea-last night I woke up four times to go...I think the prep is very irritating to our colon and it is probably inflamed so perhaps try some Imodium to see if that helps-maybe I will do that as well

• Posted

That's exactly how I was and now it's almost everyone I eat,I'm usually he opposite so his is all new to me Thanks for the reply

• Posted

I had this after my colonoscopy and it turned out it was not the prep but the exam itself - having the camera up there inflamed the bowel and my body went into shock. Take some immodium and eat small plain foods - just toast, eggs, crackers etc for a few days
    • Posted

Thank you-will try that-been drinking keifer (lactose free) all day
    • Posted

Thanks Lennie will give that a try had colonoscopies in the past but never experienced this Mind you the other two I had didn't but this was the worst pain ever so maybe it is what you say.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.