Loose stools for 2 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone

Ive been having loose stools 1-2 times a day, every morning for about 2 months now. Ive done blood test, liver enzymes, crp, stool test for microbacteria and parasites and all came up normal. I am taking enzymes and something for IBS, i am on a diet but ive lost some weight. Ive had an echo and gastro said it might be induced by stress but i am convinced it all started by a stomach virus. Last year i had the same thing but caused by stress and it lasted about 2 months. Is there someone with the same problems, what helped you ? I am really desperate right now...:(

0 likes, 178 replies

178 Replies

• Edited

I have the exact same issue as you mentioned, and took the tests you have done, only thing is my CRP is slightly elevated to 1.8 and also I am having floating stools constantly. my weight has gone down by 4kg in two months. May I know how much weight you have lost? and how you are feeling now?

• Posted

Same thing here, i even lost 5 kg by now, not that i don't need to loose weight but not this way... 😦 Yesterday i made a stool test for Calprotectin, and today i will receive the results...i hope they are negative 😦 Calprotectin is a stool test that shows if there is some inflammation in the intestines, if it is high - there is a possibility that this is Ulcerosive Colitis or Crohn's and a colonoscopy needs to be done...if it is negative, then it is only IBS

• Posted

Please do update on your results, Hope it turns out fine. Even my body got out of control from a bug it seems, since I was prescribed with Rifaximin and Nexium 80 mg a day for two weeks, eventhough I don't have any reflux. It was after completing this course, my body was in trouble and started loosing weight. Not sure whether that strong dose is the reason. since I haven't been in PPI or Antibiotics before.

• Posted

Also may I know your total weight, since whether you fall under normal BMI or underweight? since that's one thing dr checked for me.

• Edited

hey, my calprotectin came out negative and i am so happy !! So it must be IBS...I was 70 kg, 173 cm tall, for 2 months now i am 65 kg, so i did loose weight, but i am on a diet so i dont eat a lot of stuff, maybe thats the reason

• Posted

Do you have appetite ? Because i do have, i just can t eat whatever i want to

• Posted

Great that your results are negative, I do have appetite but not how it used to be. I used to snack a lot. I believe I have an infection or inflammation since my CRP is elevated. Not sure. I am in stress due to weight loss. Not sure what happening. Because I could see lot of undigested food in my stools.

• Posted

Did you see a doctor ? My CRP was fine, also i did thyroid hormone check, you need to check them too, thats what my doctor said, because loose stools an diarrhea can be only symptoms of another condition.

• Posted

Also do a stool test for bacteria and parasites to see if there is something wrong there

• Posted

And if you are under a lot of stress lately, that could also cause your IBS

• Posted

I did went to gastroentrologist multiple times, he says its just normal IBS, eventhough I didn't had any digestive issues before. My CBC is normal. Did liver, kidney function test aswell, everything came out normal. checked for parasites and bacteria aswell, everything came out normal. just that gurgling noise in upper and lower abdomen has started recently. I am pushing him for CT scan and colonoscopy, which might happen in 2 weeks time. But lost almost 6KG in weight, which I checked recently.

• Posted

Did you do the Calprotectin test ? Do it because as i said this is an indication of inflammation and you need to make a colonoscopy, if it is negative, it is only IBS

• Posted

In my opinion you have just IBS as all test came out normal, so listen to your doctor, thatmust be only IBS

• Posted

Thanks, I will ask for it. I haven't heard of it but even my brother who works for NHS told me to do that aswell. I will check that too and see if it shows something. Sometimes this cancer fear freaks me out a lot. Anyway let me do that. Thanks again.

• Posted

Yes, go to a lab and give a stool sample for Calprotectin, mine is negative and i am so happy because i didn t want to make a colonoscopy for now. Let me know what your results are, i am 100% sure you don t have cancer, its only IBS.

• Edited

Thank you so much, let me do it and will update you the results.

• Posted

With all due respect, I am not sure any of us should say we are 100% sure of anything. It could put people off seeking medical attention 😕

No offence on this, I'm just not convinced we want to be influencing someone in that way.

• Edited

Oh, i don't have any intention to do this, but his/her doctor have said that this is IBS, so i just wanted to calm him/her down, i know what is like to live in desperation of not knowing what this is. I myself was very scared that this could be Ulcerosive Colitis or Crohn's but since i've made all the tests and that they are negative, i feel much better now, but i still haven' t made colonoscopy. I am not putting anyone off of seeking medical help, on the contrary, keep searching to find out what the cause could be, but if everything is ruled out, it usually is IBS.

• Posted

Hello, did you check for the levels of Calprotectin ? What are your results, what do doctors say?

• Posted

Hi Sorry for late reply, haven't done the test yet, there is no lab here which does it, and there are some restrictions due to COVID in the place where I stay, Spoke to a hospital, which said they will do, planning to do it by this week. Waiting is creating so much of stress and weight loss is freaking me out. But am not eating as I used to be. God knows whats wrong with my health. Thanks for checking. I will update once I test and get back the results.

• Posted

Ok, wish you luck with the test, i hope everything is fine with you!

• Posted

Yes, its all stress, i can understand, i hope we get better soon, because this condition is really frustrating...

• Posted

Thank you so much, I feel that your problem is IBS, since that cause loose and mushy stools as per my Gastroentrologist, who is very much experienced. One thing you might note is if you find excessive mucous or blood, in your case its not happening as per the test you have taken. So it should be IBS. Take care, I will update you with my results.

• Posted

i actually have some mucus in the stool, thanks God there's no blood for now. I was advised to get a blood sample for the pancreatic enzymes to see if the problems is there.

• Edited

Mucus is part of IBS as per my gastro dr.. Generally if you have pancreas problem, your stool will look pale yellow. Anyway worth taking the test.

• Posted

Hm, i didn't know that. It is not pale yellow, it has the usual colour - brown. And i still haven't made the test for Helicobacter...i am so fed up with all this, nothing comes out from the tests, i am glad i don't have anything serious, but i really would like to find out the cause of this condition. Is it all about stress ?! 😦

• Posted

Am not sure about your age, but helicobacter is not a possibility, provided you dont have indigestion, noise from your stomach, pain in upper abdomen, especially in epigastric area from my experience. I believe you might be having stress and probably anxious about this whole situation. There is strong link between brain and gut. Try to focus on things that you love and enjoy your life. You will be out of this soon. Take Care.

• Posted

i'm 34, female. I am also not sure if it could be Helicobacter, because it usually causes problems with the stomach as far as i know. I do have some stomach discomfort in the lower abdomen, sometimes it feels like stabbing to the left and to the right. I thought it was the ovaries, but i went to the gynecologist and she said everything looks fine and i had no problem, she said it must be the intestines. Do you sometimes have such pain ?

• Posted

Let me tell you how issues happen in terms of IBS, ( I am not a confirmed IBS patient yet) since the research to find it is still ongoing, I won't stop my research and visit to Dr until find the solution, but in case of IBS, pain will mostly happen in lower abdomen, it doesn't mean that you won't have pain in upper abdomen but usually happens in lower abdomen, which will radiate on both sides. In my case, I have pain on both sides of lower abdomen and sometimes on sides aswell, near the kidney area, thats why I took kidney function tests aswell, which came out clear. Helicobacter pain usually happens in upper abdomen. Today I have given Lipase test for pancreas and ESR, CRP. I will update you.

Here are my questions for you,

1. Were you in any medication before all this started?
      2. Did you had any stomach infection before this issue started?

In any case I believe you should be fine, with your age, even I am 36 male and thats the common thing all drs say when I visit them, but its my curiosity to find the root cause.

My main concern is why weight loss is happening? I was in strong antibiotic before, not sure whether it has spoiled my Gut.

Research Continues...🙂

• Posted

Yes, it radiates, it's a strange pain, not constant, sometimes i feel like it radates to the inner side of the leg too, sometimes it radiates on both sides. Often it is like stabbing pain and i was worried if the problem is gynecological, but it's not. For men it's easer, if there is pain in the lower abdomen, it's intestines 😃)) But my gynecologist reassured me everything was fine and it must be the intestines, like spasms. No, i was not on a medication this time. But i believe it all started last year in spring, i was given very strong antibiotics after which i had a diarrhea for about 7 days, then it stopped. Few months later i began a new stressful jobs and the mushy stools began, i decided to quit in a few months and the problem was resolved. This time i believe my problems started after a stomach virus, because at the beginning i had a low grade fever for some time, so it's been two months and more that the problem persists. My doctor mentioned colonoscopy but i don't want to make it for now, i believe if there is no problem - no bacteria or inflammation, the problem is functional, so the colonoscopy won't show anything. I still need to make the pancreatic enzymes and Helicobacter to be absolutely sure that it's not from that. In my opinion your IBS is due to the antibiotics you have taken, sometimes intestines need more time to be fixed, diet and good probiotics. Your weight loss is due to the diet you are following, and of course if you have mushy stools or diarrhea, you loose weight. Even if i have 1-2 times diarrhea without the IBS problem, i would always loose weight. As i have said, i have lost 5 kgs for two months, i was worried too, but i restrict my meals so it should be normal - less calories- loss weight.

• Edited

Just got my results, CRP , FBC is fine, ESR is slightly elevated and Lipase test is borderline. There is some inflammation I guess.

Dr said it should be high like 3 or 4 times the reference level, also if there is problem in intestines or kidney, lipase level might be slightly elevated, but its not alarmingly high. Next Stop is Calprotectin....if its not convincing then CT with Colonoscopy. I don't think there is any other test left😆. When is ur results?

Hope you are feeling better.

Yours sounds like IBS, once your pancreatic enzymes results are out, you can conclude its IBS. since all your tests are fine.

• Posted

It's good news i guess, your results ? It's not because of the enzymes ? 😃 I haven't still made the blood test for the enzymes, maybe on Monday, because everyday i go for something to the laboratory and i am fed up with this...Do the Calprotectin to calm yourself down and let us know what your doctor thinks about that 😃

• Posted

Exactly the same scenario as mine😃 Today the Lab head told me that am fine and am worrying unnecessarily. I just want to know the root cause, so that I can be cautious next time and help others who is going thru the same stress as we do. But anyway your case is fine, as you don't have any elevated markers in tests. I am sure your enzymes test will be normal. Enjoy your weekend. You will be fine🙂.

• Posted

Yes, i am becoming a freak and everyone says i am fine, but if i am so, why do i see one and the same thing in the toilet everyday, it's not normal...Next week enzymes and Helicobacter and that's all...Have a nice weekend too : )

• Posted

Hey, what's up ? Everything all right with all the tests ? I still haven't made the last tests for me. The thing which bothers me now is the stabby pains that i have...lower right, sometimes i think it radiates to the inner side of the leg ?! Is this possible from IBS ?!

• Posted

Hi thought of messaging you, I did went to hospital to check my chest and lungs, which came all clear. But still have some sharp pains in my lower abdomen. May be ultrasound this week. But as far as my research and information from 3 to 4 gastro's , sharp pains which stays for few minutes may be gas or IBS unless if your pain is not constant for longer duration. Since you are saying it's radiating to leg, just see how often it happens and constant it is and then check with Dr.

Any weight fluctuations?

• Posted

Why did you make check your lungs, you thought it could be coronavirus ?:) I really doubt that...so calm down, it's not from the lungs. Oh i am fed up with going to the doctors, sometimes i think these pains could be psychosomatic maybe ?! They are not constant, only from time to time for a few seconds. It's not radiating through the whole leg, it's just really low abdominal pain near the leg, so sometimes it feels stabby to the inner side, i dunno how to explain it. I am fed up with going to the doctors for now...:(

• Posted

If i have those stingy pains, i don't feel like having gas ?! But when i had an ultrasound, the doctors said there was gas inside my intestines, so could be possible. I am afraid if this could be gynecological, but my gynecologist says everything looks fine there...

• Posted

No not for Corona. Its just for my weight loss, I don't know why drs always insist on chest XRay when there is a weight loss, so took that too to clear my mind and regarding your pains i think might be due to gas since it does happen for seconds, as you mentioned. Your intestines might have slight imbalance in bacteria level (Good and Bad) , that may be the reason for your mushy stool and gas pains I beleive as per my experience with gastro. Its very difficult to spot these things, it might gradually change with time as gut needs lot of time to fix itself. you should be worried if there is serious symptoms like mine ( Weight Loss). Also you have done all the tests I believe. so I think you are fine. It just needs time.

• Posted

How much weight have you lost by now ? Do you follow a diet ? I don't think you have a serious disease, i contacted a woman with similar symptoms to mine and yours and she's also loosing weight, colonoscopy clear. She had mushy stools 6-9 times a day, so weight loss sounds reasonable. I've told you that i have also lost 5 kgs by now, i was also worried, did you take Calprotectin ? Insist on this test because it can clarify a lot of things.

• Posted

I have lost 6 Kgs in almost 3 months. But am passing stools once or twice a day. Now the stools seem to be formed little bit but floating ones, as I am having more natural Yogurt now and stopped my antibiotics and PPI completely. Occasionally I do have mushy stools, but not regularly. I booked an appointment for calprotectin this weekend but my gastro feels its not needed as there is slight improvement but I would be going ahead. Also regarding food intake, I am not eating how I used to be as I want to limit my intake especially lunch. Hope it improves quickly.

• Posted

So you have an improvement, that's really great news ! For me its difficult to say, few days im fine, few days mushy, so i guess its early for an improvement. Listen to your doctor then, if they say no need for this test, so they are sure you have IBS then. I think your problems are connected to the antibiotics you were taking and they have created a disbalance in your gut.

• Posted

Not sure, whether its improvement. This happened already and then all came back again. The biggest regret I have is taking strong antibiotics and very high dose PPI. I would be really glad if its antibiotics and PPI that caused all what I am going thru now. Luckily I have a very knowledgeable and experienced gastro now, who wants me to have everything fixed naturally rather than medication. Hope it works. As per my gastro if anything is not consistent, you don't have to worry like pain that comes and goes in a week is fine but if it keeps coming or consistent, then that's need to be checked. Also for stools he said the same thing as long as if I have mushy stools continously, pain while passing stools, blood in stools, then he said he will go ahead with colonoscopy. Yours seems to be IBS or stress related.

• Posted

Well, my pain comes and goes, as if needles stab me for a second, its in the lower right. Comes and goes, but its been a few weeks now, i dunno:( Its really great that your gastro is not pushing you any meds for now, keep following your diet and eat healthy, be calm that if your doctor ensures you you are fine, then you are, it needs more time for the gut to be fixed...

• Posted

My Gastro did mention me the word Needle pains while explaining me about IBS, as its new for me. I believe its gas and IBS for you. You should be fine. Hope we get better and stay away from Drs😀. I have started eating healthy foods now.

• Posted

I hope it's from the IBS 😦 We do sound like hypochondriacs, don't we ? 😃)) I am just really fed up with all this, because i am constantly trying to solve it, i thought i had something more serious like endometriosis ( this is a disease that only women could have ) but my gynecologist ruled that one out, so it should be the IBS...

• Posted

Yes we are Hypochondriacs😃 there is no doubt about it😄 For me everything is Cancer, I was not like this before, until this problem started 3 months back. The worst thing about Hypochondriacs is trying to solve everything by taking multiple paths to fix a problem and thats exactly what am doing and really annoyed with myself. I am trying to come out of this but its becoming very difficult, I am seriously fed up with myself. Hope we will come out of this soon.

• Posted

For me the problem is that i want to be 100% sure what the cause is, i can't miss anything, and i'm keep searching like a freak, it's really tiring...Now i am in a film if these pains could be gynecological, but my doctor said no...maybe i need something for the nerves 😃

• Posted

Hope you find your solution is nothing than IBS. Don't stress yourself too much. That's the advise I keep getting from my Drs and I am just passing that to you aswell.😀 Take Care

• Posted

Yeah, easier said than done, everyone says don't stress, its nothing to worry about, but its not a normal thing and its like a cycle - it comes from stress and causes more stress and you cant relax with condition...I want my normal poop back 😦((

• Posted

I can understand, even I am in your situation. All I can do is wish and pray for you that you are relieved from your stress and trouble. I know how it feels like. Am sure you will be fine soon, its just matter of time. Take Care.

• Posted

A friend of mine had a few years ago diarrhea for 6 months! She didnt have any weight loss though, but now she said from one month she has the same issue... everybody has some issues with the intestines i guess. Take care too 😃

• Posted

6 Months Diahrrea? I wouldn't have survived 😃 I guess.. It's good that your friend is fine. But gut issues are living hell. This is the first time in my life, I suffered a health problem like this and had medication. Horrible times for me.

• Posted

Yes, for 6 months ! She didn t have any weight loss and a gastroenterologist prescribed her probiotics and she was fine after that. At the moment she has the exact same thing, but she doesn t care that much because she said it didn t hurt. 😃

• Posted

Same...i was fine for a couple of days, but now its the same old thing. 😦 I observe that my stools are thin recently, thin but loose and mushy... I have no idea what's wrong with me 😦

• Posted

Thats the same thing happened to me 3-4 weeks back and then started getting formed ones. Occasionaly I do get mushy ones. You should be fine in couple of weeks.

• Posted

Even I started having upper abdominal pain on and off and having some indigestion problems. Back pain is also there.....Not sure what the problem is? Planning to visit my Dr on Monday.

• Posted

I really hope that this would happen, but i only had gotten better for a few days. First time it was when getting some enzymes. But then it was the same old story. If i am getting formed stools for a week and more, i would consider this an improvement, but for no, its the same 😦 I hope it does go away someday...:(

• Posted

What kind of supplements do you take now, what did your doctor prescribe you, any probiotics ?

• Posted

Hm, what kind of pain do you get ? Mine is lower abdomen, sometimes stabby. As ive said i thought it was because of my ovaries, but my gynecologist assured me it was intestinal.

• Posted

I did took pre and probiotics supplements which my Dr prescribed for two weeks and stopped a week ago. Now just natural yogurt and fruits. My pain is not consistent, just started having upper abdominal pain. Back pain may be due to working lot on computer as I am an IT professional and have to be with computer always, not sure whether its the cause. I have lost 6Kg but seems my arms looks bit skinny, which worries me everytime I see myself in mirror.

• Posted

But people and even Dr say, that supplements also change the consistency of your stool. Sometimes they alter the gut bacteria level. For some people it's good, for some it ruins the gut. May be I belong to second category.

• Posted

I do take some probiotics, i am not sure if they help, because if it is a functional problem, they won't make any difference. The back pain might be from your sitting position all day long since you are an IT. But i've met some opinions that back pain could also be caused by IBS. At the beginning i didn't have any pain, pain came in the second month. What kind of diet do you follow, what do you eat ?

• Posted

Morning mostly boiled eggs, fruits and some pomegranate juice, Lunch I prefer rice, potatoes and some veggies with yogurt, evening pretty much same as morning or some Naan ( flatbread) worth some chickpeas or other veggies.

• Posted

I still haven't tried boiled eggs and any fruit juice, but i will give it a shot with eggs, i guess when they're boiled there won't be such a problem. Yogurt is a good choice too, from the fruits i consume only bananas and watermelon. I have a desire to tried tomatoes, but i haven't still tried. Veggies must be boiled and baked, do you eat them raw ?

• Edited

Yes veggies must be boiled not Raw, watermelon is not a ideal fruit for IBS I think, please do check with your Dr, For me Yogurt did made lot of difference.

• Posted

Did i just say watermelon ? I mean just melon 😃 That's what the doctor said, watermelon is not a good idea, it's difficult to digest as far as i know. Here in my country we have a natural yoghurt, so i'll begin to consume it. It's not like the yoghurt you are familiar with, it's not that thick, but it's very good for the stomach and intestines.

• Edited

Great, Hope it helps.... Not sure how long it takes for us to recover. Hope it get resolved soon. I saw in this same forum that nexium tablets had lot of side effects for people and some did had weight loss from it. I took high dosage but not sure whether its the cause. Because Drs do say its high dose, but not accepting the side effects its causing.

• Posted

I was also prescribed something like that but i refused to take it. For now i rely on that it will be resolved by itself, with diets and good probiotics. Doctors also push to colonoscopy but i refuse this for now too, since my Calprotectin is normal. I am pretty much sure sure they wont discover anything during colonoscopy, since no inflammation. There must be some other reason but i still don t know it yet. I am convinced it all started because of that stomach virus and my IBS was provoked.

• Posted

Don't take PPi, God its horrible, also your IBS issue, when it actually started? and how did you get to know, For me it stated this year with a stomach virus, which started with diahrrea, literally 4 to 5 times a day, it was then i was put up in medication ( Antibiotics and PPI ). It all started in April, now its July, diahrrea stopped but still gut problems are there with floating stools and weight loss. Now its stable. I have been in same weight for last 3 weeks, not sure how long.

• Posted

Same thing, it started in april, although the diarrhea was not that severe, but i am convinced it was caused by it, because i had low grade fever for almost one month ! PPI means...?

• Posted

(Proton Pump Inhibitor) tablets like Omeprazole, Pantaprazole, Lansoprazole, Nexium( esomeprazole) Rabeprazole all belong to PPI category, these are given to reduce your stomach acid that causes pain or acid reflux. Generally these are prescribed for people who have acid reflux, GERD, HPylori and sometimes along with antibiotics. That's how I got it along with my antibiotics. But I was told to have a strong one which is like 40mg twice a day.

• Posted

Yes, Omeprazole, that was the one i didnt take it, because i think it has nothing to do with my problem. I dont haven a stomach problem, but with the intestines. Its the usual combination that gastros prescribe - omeprazole and a probiotic. In my opinion, antibiotics have ruined your good bacteria in the intestines and thats why you are like that i guess. It takes a lot of time to fix gut, so its great that you take yoghurt because it has those good for the gut bacterias.

• Posted

Yes, I am waiting for that day, where my weighing scales go up and I start feeling better. Good thing is that I have someone who I can talk to about my health, since my friends think that I am over reacting, sometimes I do think the same, but I know my body well and this has never happened to me before. Thanks.

• Posted

Yes, everybody thinks the same about me, they are not supporting at all...but that's my health and i am concerned, its normal. I did not have any issues with stomach 1 year ago and that's why i am so frustrated right now 😦

• Posted

You know what, i think i'll start visiting the summer pools here, the weather is great and i've read that swimming is good for IBS. It calms down nerves and its a great sport for the whole body, so my advise to you is start practising some sport - swimming or yoga, both good for body and IBS.

• Posted

Already I am a football player, so sport is something I always do, due to COVID, I have stopped playing., but my gastro has insisted me to do some Yoga on top of it, which I haven't done before. May be I will start that apart from sport. Swimming is really good, I have done that in past but not now. Private Pools are shut here. Good Luck with you in swimming and Yoga. Hope you see improvement and have a stress free time.

• Posted

Yes, it may sound strange for a man to practise yoga, but it may be a very good thing. I've also started consuming tea everyday from different herbs and i think that also has a good impact on the digestive system, so check some natural herbs that can ease up your digestion.

• Posted

Already asked for some natural herbs stuff which has to be taken along with water. Tea and coffee is something which I don't drink right from my childhood. It's not because I don't like them, but got used to it, but natural herbs yes, I will give it a shot.

• Posted

i am not into tea too, but i can see a difference for my digestion.You can ask your doctor for herbs good for your digestion, that's part of the healing process, not only pills, but diet and herbs good for stomach and nerves. I actually drink one coffee a day, and i do smoke - i know its not the healthiest thing ever, but i am going to quit them 😉

• Posted

Good that you have planned to quit smoking.... Good for your health.👍 Even I am going to be cautious in what I eat from now on, as I didn't follow proper diet or food for past 2 years. I don't drink or smoke either but when it comes to food, I don't have restrictions, since the time I moved to this new place. I am planning to change everything from now on.

• Posted

Hey, how is it going with you ? I went to a party with friends these days and i ate some of the forbidden foods and of course next day i had diarrhea 😦 Do you eat everything now or you restrict yourself ?

• Posted

Hi, Its been so long since I had those foods which I loved, yesterday tried some spicy chicken to see how it works, had loose stools immediately, freaked out and had loads of yogurt😀, this morning had formed stools. Stayed in same weight for the last one month, nothing improved in terms of weight. Started having gas noises in stomach, I believe that's due to stopping Omeprazole, it might take around 1 month to get rid of. Looking bit skinny thats my major concern. Weight is my major concern. let's see how it goes. Try yogurt if you had some bad or spicy foods.

• Posted

Oh, i had to take Immodium for that, so when i combine different foods at the same time, its not good. These days i eat melon and i feel like its very good for my stomach try it. How are you these days ?

• Posted

Stools are ok, but yellowish mostly. apart from that weight is another concern. Nothing decreased yet. I couldn't see any increase, eventhough i started eating more.

• Posted

Don't be so stressed out about weight. You will gain it back certainly after a few months just wait for things to be normalized. The colour of the stool may be from the food i guess ? Did they change in colour or are yellowish from the beginning ? Do you eat meat ?

• Posted

Yes colour could be because of my food, since my Dr told me to have some turmeric which is really good for intestines. It did show some improvements as my stools are formed now. I am not eating any Non Veg now. I had floating stools before, but now it's getting better.

• Posted

how are you these days ? i developed new symptoms, i dunno if it could be ibs. stabby pain goes to groins and leg. i am very confused...

• Posted

Hi,

I had the same problem aswell, went to gastro yesterday, he said, since i had loose stools for almost a month, there is a connection between kidney and loose stools. If you had it for long time you might have pain in flanks and groin which am having, as water content in ur body becomes low and there is a chance that i can develop kidney stones. I asked him for some supplements, he gave me a strong probiotics and told me to check if it works.

• Posted

No they are thin...i don't know. I am concerned that these pains are not from the intestines, but could be gynecological...i am suspicous of a disease called endometriosis, only women can have this. Do you sometimes feel that pain can radiate from groin to thigh ? Sometimes it's the stabb lower right and goes to groin. Really worried right now 😦

• Posted

I have pain which radiates from my back to groin, Just check with your Dr to clarify your doubts, this phase is very difficult, Since in my case Dr thinks that I don't have any serious illness, as my weight is maintained same for the last two months but I feel otherway. Nowdays I don't feel like eating, not sure whether its the probiotic which am taking or any other serious illness or anxiety and stress, But my advise would be check with your Dr and get it clarified, it would put your mind to rest. My Dr told me if I am still not convinced, he would conduct Colonoscopy, Endoscopy and CT Scan in the second week of August to clear my mind.

• Posted

The radiating pain in my opinion is the sciatic nerve. It is close to the intestines and if there is a gas or something they react and irritate it. Yes i need to go to see the doctors again, i am just so fed up. Today i had a strange dark mucus in my stool so i decided to test the Calprotectin once again. 😦

• Posted

I had a dark mucus stool around 2 months back, when I was taking antibiotics, it was just once, Then I had FBC to check whether I have Anemia, But it was all clear. I spoke to many people and looked into various forums and seems many people who have Gut problems have it for years and for many its Antibiotic Induced, but getting clarity from Dr is always good, since everyone's body is different. I am feeling bit lethargic nowdays, not sure whether its due to Covid situation which has reduced my physical activity and stools are also not consistently formed. So I might have to have all the tests.

• Posted

So you say various people had black mucus with their stools ? ive just read it could be ineternal bleeding or ulcers and i am very scared. i ordered new calprotectin test

• Posted

No, not various people, I had that, but dr told me thats a typical reaction I might get with specific antibiotic I used. I hear that black blood which comes from upper digestive tract will be in stools, not sure about black mucus. You don't have any pain right?

• Posted

No, i don''t have pain while going to the WC. It does not look like black blood, but dark mucus. Yes i have also read that black blood comes from the upper track and small intestines, but mine does not look like blood

• Posted

I made the test and it is negative, also blood test in stool negative too. So strange... i even feel my leg is hurting here and there and the the stabbing pain on the right. I have no idea whats wrong, i hope its not something gynecological 😦

• Posted

Good that ur tests came back negative. what is ur dr saying?

• Posted

No, i haven t been to the doctor yet, he's in vacation so i won t be able to. Calprotectin is negative so it s some relief. I am worried about the pains 😦

• Posted

Last two days stool is half formed, half mushy. Do you have this ?

• Posted

yes I do, that has become regular for me nowdays.

Not perfectly formed stools, bit narrow aswell.

• Posted

How is ur problem? seems ur are bit stressed? Did you check for SIBO?

• Posted

yes, i am really stressed out...my stool these days starts normal and them loose, mushy, not like a formed stool. How is your pain ? As i said, i have some pain in legs, like dull sometimes, sometimes sharp, and in groins too, pins and needles. I wonder if this could be connected with low iron, because mine is on the low side, still in range...

• Posted

Did u took Full Blood Count? because my MCV is low but haemoglobin, RBC and WBC are all fine, so there is a suspicion that my iron level is low too but not anemic. How abt urs?

• Posted

My haemoglobin was fine 2 months ago - 129. MCV is in norms but in lower side. My iron is in norms but still on the low side - 8.9 (normal is between 8 and 28 ) So it is a bit low i guess, i am considering to take a supplement, but iron irritates stomach and i am not sure if it gets worse...

• Posted

Try to take Iron rich foods instead of supplements, also are u a vegetarian? Since I heard some Non Veg foods are rich in Iron.

• Posted

No, i am not a vegetarian, i eat meat, yes i will see which foods are rich in iron and try to eat more of them. And you, how are you feeling these days ?

• Posted

Even I am in same track, started having groin pain aswell, worrying thing now is am feeling more gaseous now, Bloating and noise in stomach. Very much worried.

• Posted

Ohh 😦 Stools are loose again, it was better last month, now it's the same 😦

• Posted

Not sure whats causing all these despite several visits to Dr, last option is I might be going for Ct scan and colonoscopy.

• Posted

Do you still experience loose stools ? 😦 I take part in a forum for IBS telling my symptoms and people there gave me advise to take Fybogel. These are fibers as far as i know, i have ordered them and i will give it a try to see if there is any change 😦

• Edited

Not exactly loose, but seems to be fluffy and seem to dissolve. Not sure what is happening.

• Posted

Yeah, mine are not normal too. I will give it a try with Fybogel as soon as it arrives and then will give you some feedback. That thing is very stubborn...

• Posted

i was about to ask you the same thing 😃 Well, it s different everyday, i had few good days, today is a bit loose again. i am waiting for fybogel to see if it makes any difference and will let you know. How are you ? Do you stll experience loose stools ?

• Posted

Same as you on and off but now I see my stomach make lot of noise while eating and then upper abdomen tightens up.

• Posted

yeah, this is very frustrating 😦 Did your doctor say anything about this ? I had constipation for a couple of days, then normal a few days, then loose again. I can t get my weight up for now 😦

• Posted

He seems to think, it might be due to gut bacteria imbalance. I lost another 1kg in the last 3 days, since i felt constipated and didn't like to eat. More worried now, this morning I had proper bowel movement. I might have to do colonoscopy to clear my mind.

• Posted

Did you actually make the Calprotectin test ? Well, if your doctor think it is a good idea to make it, then do, but i can see most doctors push to colonoscopy, but its not needed everytime.

• Posted

My major concern is weightloss, now i have lost one more kg. there is also constipation but stools are not hard but loose. there is no urge aswell. There is also nausea. Really worried whether i might have colon cancer. I don't have any pain or blood in stools so far and took cbc last month where Hb is 15 and RBC is over 5 million.

• Posted

If you are really worried then make the colonoscopy to put your mind at rest. I don t think this is your case, but to be 100% sure then take the test. HB and RBC are what, i don t understand, some kind of blood test or what ?

• Posted

sorry HB is haemoglobin and RBC is red blood cells, which highlights anemia if found less. For some people with mushy stool or diahrrea, there might be bleeding which may not be seen visibly, tests like full blood count or FIT tests will show if there is blood loss or blood in stool. But in my case they are all good.

Thanks for the reassurances, I have Dr visit tomorrow. I will update you.

• Posted

So you Hb is low? You can test your stool for occult blood and see if there is really blood in it. Good luck with your doc and share your results.

• Posted

My Haemoglobin is really good and RBC is good aswell, I checked stool test 3 months back, where there was no blood. Last month I checked my CBC (complete blood count) seems ok, not sure how I can share with u. since I don't have the option to upload here.

• Posted

I think there is an option of uploading a picture when writing the comment.That's very good your HB is fine, here the reference values are different. My HB is 126 which is ok for women.What did your doc say today ?

• Posted

yes, I got it and uploaded, let me know if you can see it. Dr told me to take CT scan or Ultrasound full abdomen and pelvis, which I will be doing it next week. I tried to convert my reference values to yours. My Haemoglobin is 153 as per ur reference value.image

• Posted

Your results seem really fine, your HB is really good, MCV is a bit low, maybe ask your doctor about that, i am not sure what exactly indicates, maybe something with anemia, have you checked your Ferritin levels ? Haven't they made you abdominal ultrasound yet ? I don't know where the problem could be...IBS is very stubborn sometimes. In your case i don't think there is something serious, if it were, then you would have had blood in the stool. In my case i am a bit worried what could the problem be, i hope it's not something connected with gynecological issues, i am really worried...

• Posted

Yes, Dr told me to do a CT scan but am thinking to go for ultrasound first and then CT scan. They say it might be IBS but i can't belive it as it is rare to start at age 36 and also it won't have weight loss. My concern now is whether I might have problem in my pancreas because it is a silent killer. It can cause all my symptoms, weight loss, mushy stools, yellow stools. so will get that checked and will let you know.

• Posted

Also Dr said, i don't have anemia, since anemia is not decided work MCV, it's judged mainly from Haemoglobin and RBC, which is good. But i might have Iron deficiency die to loose stool and diahrrea. But trying to find the root cause.

what is your plan? Have you started that medication which you ordered? Planning to visit Dr?

• Posted

ive received my fybogel and give it try, i will let you know if there is any difference. Do you sometimes have some strange pain in anus, its not during defecation, but i can feel it sometimes...?

• Posted

Yes I do, It last for only seconds but yes sharp pain.

• Posted

Yes, sometimes it's like short and stabby. Sometimes it's another again for a few seconds, it's like a deep short pain... 😦

• Posted

What kind of test is this? I have no idea about it. Do you still have the loose stools ?

• Edited

Its called Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), this might cause loose stools, groin pain, Iron deficiency and goes on. Its just a breath test (either hydrogen or methane) to check for it. I don't think you muggy have it, since it's caused due to use of antibiotics or sometimes if there is a structural problem with any of your GI ORGANS.

My stools are ok now, not perfect but still yellow. My ultrasound has been postponed to tomorrow.

• Posted

Mine are a bit loose, they start normal and then loose, color is brown. I have good days and bad days, but it's not like i feel i have been cured or something. 😦 Didn't they make you an ultrasound by now ?

• Posted

I have had ultrasound on my first exam. Nothing found. Yours will be fine too i believe 😃

• Posted

Today i had diarrhea with lots of mucus:((( Also these days i have strange pain in rectum and tailbone 😦((

• Posted

Apologies for late reply, got to travel outstation for an important work, just returned and got the Ultrasound done for my Abdomen.

How is things on your side?

• Posted

That seems to be common, since I too have that and I read in many forums aswell, if u have pain in groin, you will mostly have pain in rectum aswell. Thats what I read but get it checked from Dr if you are concerned or if it's interfering in your day to day activities.

Mucus thing I am not sure, since I don't have it but I read in many IBS forums that's its bit common if you have IBS. Even my gastro asked if I have it.

• Posted

Do you get the same dull pain in rectum ? I also have pins and needles in legs these days, sometimes they are really sharp... Do you get any of these ?

• Posted

Yes I get that, sometimes its dull, sometimes it's very sharp but stays only for few seconds. I don't have any problems with legs but I do get pain in my groin on and off.

• Posted

I am planning to go either colonoscopy or CT scan next to rule out any malignancy. since i cannot put my mind to rest. I am having weight loss aswell.

• Posted

Are your stools ok now? Today again very loose 😦 Maybe i should get a colonoscopy too, i dunno 😦 Yeah that awful pain in the rectum, comes and goes but everyday. In groin i have sometimes like stabby too. I am really desperate, i was fine for a few weeks, now its the same story : (((

• Posted

yesterday it was hard and fine, but there are some bubbles coming from it and form around the corner, not sure whether its gas problem or anything but might be taking CT or colonoscopy soon.

• Edited

I think you posted your reply on another forum, but to answer your question. Yes I do have have sharp pains sometimes in rectum but not affecting while sitting. I can sit normally. Please check for haemorrhoids or swollen veins, since it's common and can cause pain. I have developed groin pain recently and weight loss is my major concern. Did you weigh yourself recently? I have lost around 15Lbs( 6 to 7 Kg) in the total span of 4 months. Very much worried.

• Posted

Are you eating properly? Or maybe because of the diet ? I have also lost weight and i am worried. Your poop is normal now ? Because mine are loose again and i am freaking out 😦 I dunno if this pain is caused by hemorroidis really,, because sometimes my tailbone hurt too and i have a discomfort sitting. I am concerned if this is only a symptom, and i hope its not something else. If your stools and tests are fine now, dont be so worried

• Posted

Yes I do eat properly, Stool seems to be better than before but whenever I have spicy foods, it becomes loose. Most of the time it floats, thats why checked pancreas, liver and gallbladder and they seem to be fine. Rectal pain and tailbone pain, I read many people with IBS had it, but better check with Dr.

I have good appetite but this weight loss is scarring me. I read here in this forum that many people had it when there stools get disintegrated in water due to gut bacteria imbalance. I am in confusion between what to go for either colonoscopy or CT scan.

Most likely CT scan since I don't want to have invasive procedure at this moment.

How much weight you have lost so far?

• Posted

Hi! Well, it's been worse these days because i had a lot of stress, my father had cardiac operation and ive been really stressed out, so i had bad loose stools i wake up in the morning and go...so i had to take immodium. When i take it, i am fine for a few days, but this is not a resolution 😦 How are you, you seem to get better, right ?

• Posted

ohh...God. Hope your father recovers soon. well my weight loss have stopped temporarily, went to urologist to check my groin. he said there is nothing alarming. I scheduled for CT scan but my dad had head injury, so did an MRI for him and he is recovering. Hope I will get my scan done by early next week.

• Posted

I hope too...it was a long operation 😦 Hope your father is well too. Groin pain can be from IBS too as far as i understand. Are your stools ok now ?

• Posted

stools are ok but sometimes difficult to pass..... sometimes thin, sometimes loose, sometimes hard, all sorts.

• Posted

How are u doing? How is your father? Hope he is fine too.....

• Posted

Hi ! Well, he is out of hospital, but still not feeling very well...:( I am also not feeling very well, very stressed out and of course having different problems not only bowel 😦 How are you, did you make a CT scan ? Are stools ok now ? Ive made a full blood test yesterday again with thyroid hormones, they seem fine, only cholesterol is on higher scale but still in range.

• Posted

Good that your father is out of hospital. Stools are ok, not great. My gastro suspect I might have SIBO. He has put a hold on CT scan for now. Will get some updates in two weeks. Hope you recover from your problems soon. Take Care

• Posted

How are you doing? Hope your father is recovering well.

• Posted

Hey, thank you for asking. He is still not very well, but very very slowly recovering...How are you, did you make more tests or you are feeling ok now ?

• Posted

I haven't made any tests further, Just remaining in same weight. no increase in weight. Stools seem to be normal. Pain in groin is still there. How are u feeling now? what about your weight?

• Posted

Well, i was fine for about 2 weeks and then, loose stools again and now severe constipation, it is awful 😦 It seems i cannot gain weight and i am the same kilos now, very strange, i eat but i cannot gain any weight...IBS sucks 😦

• Posted

hi, if i understand you correctly, did you have stomach gurgling/noises when you had helicobacter? coz i have those at the moment along with loose stools and bad reflux. also have intermittent burning/dull ache in my upper abdomen, also having that pressure in anus where it feels like i need to go but can't pass anything but air. does it sound like helicobacter? thanks!

• Posted

Hey Ash, how are you ? We cannot send messages in private as far as i can see, are you feeling better ? Unfortunately it's been the same for me 😦 Loose stools, gurgling, stabby pain lower right and in groin. Awful 😦

• Posted

Hi Vesela,

sorry just now saw your msg. I couldn't read your last private msg as you know it's been disabled. My situation hasn't changed. same loose stools, lower right side pain occasionally and lots of stomach noises. Did u do any further tests? How are you?.

• Posted

i don't know why my comment was deleted ?!? Hey Ash, its the same for me unfortunately, i've made some other tests like Calprotectin and it is fine, i have no idea what the cause could be 😦 I still think to make a CT scan soon. Also, do you have any skin issues ? i began having skin issues and i

am worried it could be rosacea, but doctor said it is connected with IBS...

• Posted

Hi Vesela,

It seems like SIBO or IbS for you but doctors are better people to diagnose it and probably your CT will give a clear picture on that. since I see many people also had skin issues with IBS . I saw like similar profile in IBS group named Baba Veseka... not sure whether its you but with similar posts and questions.

Don't worry you will feel better soon and your mind will be put to rest after CT scan.

• Posted

Haha, yeah Ash, it's me! You can add me if you like and we can talk, what's your name there ?

• Posted

Hi Vesela,

sorry for the late reply. nothing changed much. same old bowel issues but I am not taking any medications as of now. how is things with you? have you taken any tests? any improvements with your health? also how is your folate and b12 levels?

thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.