Loose stools for 5 days...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I've been having loose stools almost every day for five days.

Most of the times it still has "structure", but still does not feel like normal poop, if that makes sense. It's literally just loose, with a foul odor, and a yellow-brown color. There was one day of watery stool, I believe.

But the strange thing is, I've been only having one poop a day, so I don't think it classifies as diarrhea. And when I look up food poisoning or stomach bug on Google, it says diarrhea usually doesn't last over 2 days.

So what is wrong with me?

If it helps at all, I previously posted about my stomach problems (I assume it's something to do with acid). Doc said gastritis, but no tests were done.

Thank you!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey, I just went through the same thing a couple months ago, it lasted about 3 weeks, but my stools now go back and fourth. It's not diarrhea but it's definitely more soft. I've got a scope and colonoscopy in a week. I'll let you know what they say. The yellow I think is bile, or lack there of. I did go to a GI and he said if he had to guess it was IBS, or something like Crone's. Mine start after I started taking zantac twice a day, but even after I stopped taking them it's remained the same. Are you on any antacids?

• Posted

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

I tried several antacids a few months ago, but I quit because they made me super nauseated.

Currently, I'm not taking anything except occasional Zofran to control my random nausea.

• Posted

Hi, snap I also had the same that lasted for about  a month. Only going once a day but the formation was like cow pat. Had numerous of stool test to check bacteria, bugs, celiac, Calprotectin all come back ok. Was originally diagnosed with acute diarrhoea that can last 4 weeks. Lost weight aswell. Then it went back to normal for about 3 weeks then it happened again. I went out the following weekend when it got better, had a curry and a few beers and bang, Sunday morning back to mushy poop. Still like it now coming upto 3 weeks now. Ive given the Dr another stool sample but got to wait till Tuesday. Ive been told it sounds similar to IBS, but I think I might ask for a colonoscopy on Tuesday.

I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about. Which try not to as that can mess with your digestive system. Stick to a healthy foods see how you go. Xx

• Posted

Thank you!

I feel like it could be the chocolates my friend gave me after coming back from a trip... But usually I get over that in a day or so. Oh well, hopefully it's nothing serious!

• Posted

I would go back to your doctor and ask for tests.  Try a food diary to see if your symptoms are food related.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply!

I should try the food diary... Perhaps it's leftover acid from my stomach? >w<

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.