Loose Stools for more than six years

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I hope tis forum will help me to solve my problem. For a past six years I have been suffering from continuous loose stools. I couldn't take even a cup of water. When I have a piece of bread or cup of water or any foods I have to go bathroom the next second or even while I am having. Sometimes without my knowledge it comes. I had taken medications in allopathy homeopathy and siddha too. Now I am helpless. I have taken lot of scans, scopies but every results comes as normal. Please suggest me any remedies.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Has your doctor suggested IBS?  It can cause loose stools, constipation, nausea and stomach pain.  I have had all these symptoms and I was diagnosed with IBS.  Try the Fodmap diet to identify any food intolerances which is also an IBS symptom.  Go back to your doctor and explain your symptoms again and see if he/she recognises them and can give you a formal diagnosis.
    • Posted

One of my doctor told that it was IBS but the medication was good only for two months. Again the problem started
    • Posted

Sometimes IBS medication stops working and you have to try something different.  Tell your doctor that the medication no longer works and ask for something else. You could try probiotics, peppermint oil, Buscopan, aloe Vera juice and ask your doctor about Colefac. Some people benefit from Mebeverine although it disagreed with me.
  • Posted

I had the same symptoms and was given a formal diagnosis.

At this stage I could not add anything more than Philippa.

• Posted

Hi  I had continual loose stools bad tummy aches etc and was told it was IBS  it carried on to the point I insisted on seeing a Gastroencoligist who did a colpnoscopy and took biopsies, my bowel looked perfectly normal, no polyps, lumps etc but I was diagnosed with a inflamatory bowel disease called Collagenous Colitis, also known as microscopic colitis because it can ONLY be diagnosed with a bowel biopsy and looked at under a microscope, I have read a lot of people with my condition have lived with what they thought was IBS some for years before getting a proper diagnosis, not saying you have got this but you could mention it to your doctor and if you have not already had a colpnoscopy it might be worth getting one?  Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Also not all GP's refer for bowel biopsy, I have never had one, so some could be diagnosed with IBS but when that may not be the underlying reason. 

Very good information I am sure it will help someone

I watched Man on Wire last night and if anything is going to cure constipation I would say following in Philippe Petit's shoes certainly will smile

• Posted

You are right I think a hell of a lot of tummy issues is just put down to IBS and I honestly think a lot of times if the trouble was taken to investigate more and perhaps have more invasive tests ie. a colonoscopy/bowel biopsie then a lot of things would be diagnosed and not just put down to IBS, I was really really lucky from my GP to my Gastroencoligist both who were on the ball and I got a proper diagnosis rather than go for years thinking it was IBS!!

Man on Wire lol  I watch it behing a cushion lol

Hope you get it sorted its awful living with tummy issues.

• Posted

Indeed. I am still in the IBS camp. I agree I had sweaty palms sat on my sofa.

I have found not working helps although this can not be a permanent solution as still 25 years to retirement but in short term it is definitely helping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.