Loose Wisdom Tooth

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 18 years old and about maybe 2-3 months ago my upper left wisdom tooth has started to grow through, late last night I noticed one section of it had become loose and wobbly. I haven't had any problems with my wisdom tooth so far, no pain and even when this part has become loose, there still isn't any pain, even when I brushed my teeth this morning I managed to clean my wisdom tooth as normal, when having a look at the loose part of my tooth, it's a pinkish colour

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The link attached is an uploaded image of what my wisdom tooth currently looks like https://m.imgur.com/a/fwKXY

• Posted

I'm afraid the answer is still the same: you really need to see a dentist, unless your yearly check-up is due within the next few weeks, in which case it can wait till then. You are getting yearly check-ups, aren't you?

• Posted

The pink colour is probably due to slight bleeding from your gum.

The only solution to your problem is to see a dentist. It sounds as if either your entire wisdom tooth is loose, or a part of it has broken off. Either way, it's going to need treatment as you could be at risk of developing an abscess.

• Posted

Oh okay thank you and yeah I think it's only half that has become loose/about to break off as the other side of my wisdom tooth feels fine. But yeah I have check ups every 6 months, since my next check up isn't due till October time I'll just look about booking an appointment, thank you

• Posted

Sounds like a good idea. You're obviously taking good care of your teeth, so this should be easy to put right. As pmmb said, they'll probably just take out the wisdom tooth. It's not a major procedure.

• Posted

Many times the wisdom teeth have to come out - they often just create problems.  You are young, so you should see if a dentist recommends the wisdom teeth come out.  All of my family members have had them taken out.  My husband has three that haven't been taken out, but he has been advised to get them out.  They are pointless to keep.  Hopefully, you have insurance to get them taken out; otherwise, I would save up and get them out sooner rather than later.  It isn't really as bad as you might think - I was comfortable during the procedure and that was over 30 years ago.  

• Posted

Thank you for the advice, I won't be surprised if I have to get it removed but it should but okay as you say, also I'm not entirely sure if the procedure will cost me anything I can't remember if now that I'm 18 the NHS doesn't pay for it anymore but I'd still definitely get it taken out even if I need to pay

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.