Loosing strength?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi again. Not yet been formerly diagnosed as can't get another appointment at my GP (trying for 2wks now) I'm a bit freaked out this morning as I'm loosing strength in my arms!? I've stopped all major heavy lifting like big furniture etc as it gives me an instand migrane. I loose strength in my legs of but still manage. Recently when plating my daughters hair at night I can't keep my arms level.. they burn and hurt. I just shake it of every couple mins. The other day I was helping put a light fitting up with a friend and I couldn't! ? I put up with the pain tried to block it out till I was nearly crying. Now this morning I'm painting a tall boy and my arms keep dropping while hurting/burning. I'm on my own  so trying toreally push myself and I actually cant do it! Actually had a good past couple days otherwise. I bit stiff but nothing to complain about. x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Dee

You poor thing hun it is scary when you get the burning and your arms dont wontto work well and that try and get an emergancy appoiment with doctor as you cant carry on like this have they done a MRI on your brain and back to rule out other things, have you taken any pain relife to help you, like us all you can get good days and bad days try not to overdo things on a good day as it could trigger it off im in pain daily so trying to sort a good day out but hun your not alone were all here for you always xxx

can i ask do you have any family near you or a good friend that you can talk to and lend a hand

my love to you always and were always here for you

Cherl

xxxx

• Posted

Hi Cherl thanks for your reply. I've been trying for an emergency app for almost 2 wks and theyre always fully booked. I sit on hold for 30-45 mins every morning and told abruptly theyre full then hung up on even though Im waiting for my 2nd biopsy result (unrelated cervix remived due to bad smear) I've only had blood tests, no ones ever even touched me or asked me to bend etc they throw all sorts of painkillers at me. At the moment Im on cocodamol 30/500 and dicloflenac.  I live with my daughter and husband (theyre out today) but to be honest I don't tell ppl I don't like to moan and sort of try to just get on with it. Alot if the time with rears running down my face like when my legs are bad and Im going up stairs. But this arm thing I can't actually do it doesn't seem to matter how much I try. x
    • Posted

Hi there Dee

You either need to go into your doctors and tell them your not moving to you are seen or go to your nearset a and e as they are really good at some of them, for many ears i was only ever getting slight  pain in my arms and legs and legs spasms when i did tell the doctor he used to baically say ot was all in my mind in the end i changed doctors then my pain went to a new level and i starting collapsing and it was then i was rushed in for my heart and while as a in paitent the doctors noticed my blood wasnt right and asked if i minded this being looked into and then asked if they could do i bone biopsy then i was diagnosed with myelodysplasia a disease of the bloods and the way the work so i was sent to see a Heomotolgist who noticed my other problems and refered me to a Rheumatologist who ordered Mri on back and Brain which was all normal he then refered me to nueroglist who tried saying it was all down to Migraines and i went and saw my Rheumatologist again and he said it wasnt Migraines and said i have chronic Arthritis in my knees shoulder and lower back and my bloods are inclusive and diagnosed me with Fibro but still checking for ms and something else he said but it took me 15 years to convince them that therewas something wrong with me, my life is ruined i cant work as some days i cant remeber even how to do the simply things i get constan  shakes in pain daily i collapse alot i have heart conditon too as in 2000 i had a heat attact also got this blood problem so life is so hard for me i try to keep active as my body will let me be but it is very hard i know if i couldnt get an appoiment i would sit there to i was seen but its good to talk to people how you feel hun dont do it alone you really need to be brave and tell them so they can help you too sorry to go on alot and demand they do proper tests 

Love always cherl

xxx

• Posted

Hi Cherl, sounds like youve had alot of hassle with gps etc too. I feel more comfortable speaking here. I don't want to worry my husband or daughter and the rest of my family I don't think really care. Well they've never asked regarding my op for cervix so I just don't tell them any more. I have been considering changing surgerys but a bit scared to incase they're worse haha. Do you mind me asking where about you are? x
    • Posted

HI thats fine hun im in Scotland  but dont be scared because when you register with a new gy the make a new appoimnet to see doctor to discuss you medica lhealth i seen my new one in a few days 

xxxx

• Posted

Oh I'm Scotland too. It's def an option if I can't get an appointment this wk x
    • Posted

HI hun what part of Scotland are you inif you dont mind me asking phereaps if its not too far away we should meet up and have a coffea at least you can chat to me 

love always

Cherl x

• Posted

Hiya probably the opposite end haha I'm in Arbroath smile
    • Posted

Hiya Dee 

yep miles away shame im in Falkirk in west lothian xxxxcry

• Posted

hello Dee,

Sorry to hear about your problems, losing strength in your arms. This is what has happened to me - so frustrating! Lucky if I can open a bottle these days! So I have to accept -can't do it. I take care when I am stretching, and certainly don't extend my right arm ( it's the painful one). Something we have to accept, and pace ourselves to manage this condition.

Take care., Anne

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Anne. Its very scarey when I'm trying to plat my daughters hair at night.. something I've done for 9 years daily and my arms just drop rolleyes burning in pain. Im keeping at it at the moment until I can actually get an appointment at my gp (nearly 4wks now I've been trying)
  • Posted

Hello Dee,

Thanx for your reply. This condition is horrible, and as you say, scary when you can't do something you have been doing for a long time. It upsets me the most when I find it difficult to look after my grandchildren, which I love to do! Hope you get your docs appt soon

Take care, Anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.