Loosing weight - unintentionally

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello. I have had a big struggle for 2/3 months in particular. I'm on 150mg sertraline. Basically, the last few weeks I attempted 3 times and have been hospitalised for them and also for bad thoughts. Whilst all of this has been going on, my appetite has decreased, sleep is bad, I can't enjoy anything. My second hospital admission I checked my weight and compared it to my third hospital admission and I had lost 3kg in 3 days (I got hospitalised again 3 days later). I hear that loosing that amount is quite bad, it is unintentional but also intentional because I don't want to eat. I've also been hearing voices but not bad ones, some are bad but they're not if that makes sense. I'm currently 17 and my parents want me sectioned but "nowhere has any beds".

Should I tell my doctor about this?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Xo Monkey

How is your diet, Why were you admitted to hospital and did they check your weight loss ??

BOB

• Posted

Hi bob. My diet is okay, I (at the hospital) have croissant for breakfast, pasta or chicken for lunch (nothing in between breakfast and lunch), and maybe potato or another healthy dish usually for dinner. Although from lunch to dinner I tend to comfort eat (snacks) I still do kind of, I've just lost my appetite a lot. I was admitted for attempt (the first admission and third admission). No, they didn't check it. I just compared them on my discharge letter.

• Posted

XoMonkey

If you are eating well like it seems you are and still loosing weight, get it checked. Mind I seem to pile it on so I am the opposite. Lol

BOB

• Posted

Hahah. I usually gain it too. That's why this is a bit strange, but under these circumstances I can get why . Thanks for your reply

• Posted

Most of the weight loss diet plans provided online or by certain nutritionists look at curing the symptom and not treating the root cause of weight issues. Hence it is highly advised that you consult a trained professional on how to lose weight. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.