Lorazapam and adjustment

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on lorazapam while getting on celexa, the drowsiness and tiredness goes up and down. Does your body eventually adjust so your not so drowsy? seems to adjust as the celexa adjusts. been on it for 3 months. anyone else have the same problem? Doc doesnt want to change benzos as I am so sensitive to med changes. any advice or comments?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

benzos cause sensitivity to all manner of things. Why has your dr ignored the Guidelines?

• Posted

NIce guidelines on prescribing of benzodiazepines. I googled them.

• Posted

my doctor plans on reducing the lorazapam at the proper time. I'm still experiencing anxiety, when time is right, I will reduce slowly. I would just like for it to not make me drowsy. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. seems to go hand in hand with the celexa adjusting

• Posted

i think this has happened to me,unwittingly dr gave me diazepam and by the time i realised what it was doing and that it was very hard to come off, it was too late. i need some support in decreasing now i am on anti depressant but dr isnt interested.the thing is to get off it as soon as yyou can

• Posted

sorry but this is bad advice. The thing to do is to taper off slowly as per Ashton manual.

• Posted

NICE Guidelines re rx of benzodiazepines. Now only allowed to be prescribed for 2 to 4 weeks. If tapering have to have a sufficient quantity to taper slowly and safely to avoid serious wd signs and symptoms .

• Posted

Problem with benzos is the anxiolytic effects wear off after 2 weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.