Lorazapam/Ativan

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies, just wondered if anyone takes or has taken Lorazapam or Ativan as it is known as in US I think.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I take it when I fly, as I hate flying. It works great. Takes the edge off the anxiety but doesn’t make you feel any different or sleepy. That’s important to me bc I travel for work and sometimes travel down and back same day. Can’t be sleepy! Apparently it’s made in Puerto Rico, so when they got hit with that hurricane, there was a shortage of Loraz in the US so my doc prescribed Klonazepam since I had flights planned. AWFUL. Makes me sooooo sleepy. Good luck! I’ve had good luck with Loraz!

Xo Heidi

• Posted

Thanks heidi, I have never flown but will defo be taking somthing if I do nice to know loraz works for flying to.

• Posted

hi Sarah

my gp gave me a script for 5mg benzodiazepines. I take them rarely, but they hit rapidly escalating 'comes out of nowhere' panic when I first started the perimenopause and saved me from anxiety.

• Posted

Hi which benzos were you taking? I agree that they do kick in quick for me its 30-45 mins which is why they can be addictive I guess and no side effects for me anyway, but im finding my 1mg doesn't take the edge off as much as did when first started and ive had 8 months break from them so thought theyd work well again like used to , I read they only have a short half life and your body gets used to the same dose then stops working as well and thats why become addictive as have up the dose to get the sane effect as when you first started taking them.

• Posted

I took valium to help me sleep but it made me feel out of it in the mornings. I took a klonopin to fly once and made the mistake of have a glass of wine, not even sure how I made it back to the hotel.

Be careful of any benzo's as they are habit forming. I found progrsterone to be a better option for calming and sleep problems.

• Posted

Yes I think its all to do with half lifes as there all diff diazapam has a longer half life so I guess can make you feel like a zombie for a while. Diazepam is 20-50 hrs it stays in your system and kicks in within 15 mins and loraz is 10-20 hours and kicks in 15-30 mins so im assuming thats what half life is. If anyone knows more about half lifes I would be interested to no more.

• Posted

I take it daily for anxiety. Can't sleep without it. Do you have a question regarding it?

• Posted

Hi I took it every 2 days for sleep in sept 2017 but had weird withdrawels when I just stopped as thought ive only taken it for 2 weeks so surely you can just stop after only a couple of weeks but apparanetly not. Thats why I guess its for occassional use only cause benzos are highly addictive. I was on 1mg

• Posted

Thanks ladies for your replys. I havent taken it for 8 months and when I did take it when my anxiety was through the roof I took it every couple of days for a couple of weeks then stopped and had crazy withdrawels so only took in an emergency after that experience then didnt take it at all for last 8 months now im in a few stressful situations and took one today to get me through it but noticed it didnt take away fully my anxious feeling I had the slightly dizzy feeling and the calm feeling but didnt fully take the edge of panic off fully therefore did i not take a high enough dose? ive always taken no more than 1mg when needed but if i take say 1 and half next time or 2 will i be like a zombie as thats what i like about it you can function nornally say at an interview but if i up my dose will i still be able to speak lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.