Lorazapam & strenght of mg taken with Venafaxine.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking venlafaxine with 1 1/2mg of Lorazapam for the past 6 weeks. I'm concerned about the Lorazapam as all literature that I have read says that 2-4 weeks maximum on this drug. I have had several periods of depression over the years and have always managed to come off anti depressants when I was well.  This is the 1st time that I have taken Lorazapam routinely , ,because the. anxiety was so overwhelming and I lost a lot of weight.

I'm hoping that when the depression lifts my need for Lorazapam will also go. Has anyone had a similar concern ?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I was on lorazepam for a year or so. Did the trick, but dosage kept gettint stroner to work. Finally decided to wean off. Took four months....slowly so no problem.

This drug will grab you quickly. Even after a few weeks, I would taper down, June. No big deal.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, have to say when your head is like a washing machine it's hard to stay here. I long to be able to relax. Although I'm very lucky to be able to sleep 10-4 am. Were you depressed as well ?

• Posted

I was only depressed until I understood what was happening. Is that what you mean?
    • Posted

With me I'm not sure what comes first believe it not . I have a habit of burying my feelings and it's not until I start to become anxious that the depth of the depression hits me,then it becomes a vicious circle ,the more anxious I get the more depressed I feel. Hope that makes it clear .

• Posted

I really learned not to bury my feelings since getting hit with anxiety. I am a truly different person since I decided to open up.
    • Posted

Yes that is what I'm trying hard to do, also to ask for help when I need it . Thank you for your comments. 

• Posted

A little hint....anytime anything makes you sad or teary eyed...a story, movie, music, etc. grab a box of tissues and cry your eyes out. Boy, does that help.
    • Posted

Yes that does work ........or looking at my 2year old granddaughter , I have wepted buckets , very unlike me and all over two good friends as well. Thanks 😢
    • Posted

Maybe it used to be unlike you, but the new you is emotionally open and available. No more need to protect your emotional self, darlin' girl.

• Posted

Lorazepam really helps but is very addictive. It took me a determined effort to get off it. I was on 2mg and it eventually lost its effectiveness. You have to come off slowly else you won't sleep at all. Good luck with it

• Posted

Thanks for that, I've always been an anxious person and have managed with different tecniques to cope. But when depression strikes it becomes a vicious circle . 

• Posted

Honey, you've been on lorazepam long enough to be addicted, I'm afraid.

When your depression lifts, you'll need to taper SLOWLY off the lorazepam.

Post here again when you reach that point. I was on all the benzos for forty years and I know how hard it is to come off them and how imporrtant it is to do it correctly.

Right now, concentrate on the depression, ok?

We'll be here to help you every step of the way when you're ready to come off lorazepam, I promise. Don't be worrying about it - if done properly it isn't difficult.

Love Tess xxx

• Posted

Thanks for your reply & support. Will bear that in mind when I feel the depression has lifted.    J. X

• Posted

I was also on an anti-depressant - then i started to come off valium.

xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.