Lorazepam .25 once a day, withdrawal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been taking Ativan on an as needed basis since August, usually I would only take a half of .5 pill a day, .25 usually around dinner. But I stopped taking any last Wednesday and yesterday I felt kinda weird, anxiety was coming in and I was shaky. I wanna stop taking it but don't want withdrawal issues. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn

I was taking 1mg a day for around 3 months, I stopped taking it and had it replaced with a longer acting benzo as Adivan has a very short half life. My advise would be to discuss this with your Dr., but If your being honest about how much your taking and how long, I don't think you will have to much trouble coming off it. Your on a very low does and at only a month or so you should be fine. You might get a bit of rebound anxiety but it will subside less and less over 7 days. That being said, everyone reacts differently. If your worried about the Withdrawal, go see your GP. But I personally don't think you have anything to worry about; for the next few days eat healthy, drink lots of water and when you feel that anxiety come on, go for a run and get in some exercise.

What ever you do, please DONT google benzo withdrawal as I did. Nothing but negative responses of users who have been on them for years using way more than your currently taking.

Good luck and take care

• Posted

Thanks for your reply and advice. Yes I'm serious about how much I took. I'm scared to death of taking any medication at all and I know what this stuff does to ppl. Til this spring when I was hit with anxiety from my birth control I have never been on any medication my entire life and I'm 45. I hate medicine. I seen what it has done to my mother and I refuse to be a experimental person for doctors to play with. No thanks. I'm on Zoloft as well and it's been three months on it and I took the Ativan til it kicked in and I'm looking on getting off it as well by the first of the year. If I can get this Ativan cut back to using it only as needed, like every couple days or something like that til I'm done with the Zoloft then that's what I want to do. Just doing it right and without problems is where I'm stuck at. My doctor says I shouldn't have withdrawal either but I was stuck on buspar for 22 hellish days and I stopped it cold turkey and had bad withdrawal from it and they claim it doesn't have withdrawal. I call bs on that. I've never been right since that crap 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.