Lorazepam / Ativan for Sleep during week 3?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Is anybody using Lorazepam (Ativan) for sleep? My doc has told me to take 1mg at nightime but it terrifies me to be honest and given my lack of luck with Zopiclone I'm relcutant to give it a 2nd go. Nothing seemed to work in the first week of starting Prozac, but maybe it would work in 3rd? Are you spaced out the following day?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dom . I am currently taking ativan to help me sleep. I take 1mg at night.
  • Posted

Hi Dom . I am currently taking ativan to help me sleep. I take 1mg at night. I also take prozac 20mg in the morning. Im on my second week. Im still waiting for it to take its course and make me feel better. I feel more anxiety and more depressed. People say it takes a while to see progress.
    • Posted

Hello Clay, how long does 1mg keep you asleep for?

I am just finishing my third week and definitely feel a bit better now. Just that I can't sleep.

• Posted

If Im relaxed about 5 hours. Eventhough I sometimes wake up with anxiety. Just have to calm myself down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.