Lorazepam Holiday

Posted , 5 users are following.

i'd had a bad week of ups ans downs with the SERTRLAINE and MIRTZAZIPINE so rather than crawl into a ball on my desk and cry i front of my colleagues, i decided to calmly swallow 4mg LORAZEPAM and venture into the weekend

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

you should be over the worst in 2 weeks. always found after a change, nothing for 2 weeks, then increased anxiety for 2 or 3 weeks, before things started to calm down.

• Posted

just seem to be yo yoing at moment between anxiety some days and intense euphoria the next. just hoping it would settle down as well as my racing mind. Headpace app and medication not doing its usual magic

• Posted

Hi Jon ive been on mirtazapine for 15 years ! And have this week started on sertraline also ..have you not found the combo helpful ..im srruggling with terrible anxiety after 2 gours sleep hence the dr suggesting sertraline

• Posted

Been on SERT 200mg and pooped out after 16 years totally back to normal. Theyve now added 30mg Mirttazipine conbination which is great for sleeping. i am making progress with anxiety reduced but the intrusive thoughts linger. Still feel like my mind is in a maze desperately trying to fine the way out to normal, if normal even exists 😉

• Posted

I am taking 30mg mirtazapine and 10mg escitalopram and both together don't compare to as little as .5mg lorazepam . Unfortunately it has been put on the black list because of dependency issues and Dr's refuse to write prescriptions. BTW if I took 4mg of lorazepam I would probably be asleep pronto.

• Posted

James my gp has given me tamazepan to try whilst starting new combination but im to anxious to try it ...if i still woke up after 2 hours with this agitation id be fearful how hungover id feel

• Posted

I felt a little unbalanced but relaxed, managed to walk the dog and sort out the kids until my wife came in and went out. i them fell asleep on the couch til midnight. Its a shame they cant replicate a safe version of lorazepam that isn't addictive as its like a magic bullet for me personally

• Posted

hello jon, when meditation isnt working, have found it best to stop for a while. have always found hypnosis and meditation after a short while, encouraged me to think inwardly, which you do not want to do, when depressed or coming out of it. you need to do things that demand or interest your mind externally. reading fiction, is brilliant for this, helps concentration, discipline and anxiety. can be difficult to do at the start, but choose an interesting book, and keep trying to read for at least 30mins a day. hard at first, took me a couple of hours to get back into reading, could only manage a few minutes, before putting book down, for a few minutes, and starting again. was very difficult for me at first, with concentration issues, but well worth it. keeps me on top of things. try to occupy yourself keep busy as much as possible. your meds are working, already, with the ups and downs. takes weeks, sometimes longer, to balance out, and it will. give it plenty of time to fully work. its still early days on your current dose.

• Posted

i agree with you. I got into the new Book of Dust by Phillip Pullman and true enough, got completely absorbed again. Need to find a new book 😉

• Posted

Well I agree, I could not even read a book, or think straight.My mind was always rqacing and I felt it was going to explode.I have truned my life to volunteering, and my strong belief in prayer. What a change it has made in my life.Still on my drugs though, 225 Effexor, apparently the hardest to get off of, and 15 mg of mirtazapine at night which also helps me sleep.Bee off of anxiety drugs Lorazapam since on Mirtazapine.

• Posted

hello, if the meds work, stick with them. only ever try to come off, if you feel really good for at least a year. if you need them, you do. if its right to come off, you do so ectremely slowly, possibly over a year or more. i really rate cbd oil with meds as well. has to be proper cannabidoil, not hemp oil, of good quality, and reasonabke strength. dont bother with hemp oil, made from seeds.

• Posted

100% agree. reading novels makes a huge difference, especially when you get lost in them. i find it difficult choosing a book. just read the dune sci fi series, kept me going for a few weeks. anyone reading this post, reading a novel you can get lost in, has such a positive effect. may be hard at first, but keep trying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.