Lorezapam

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started Lorezapam 1MG twice daily 3 days ago. My Docotor wanted me to take 1mg 4 times daily but I started just twice and it appeared to be working.  I had light headed 24/7  and short of air sometimes but at least once daily.  I was taking xanax 0.5 twice daily but needed more so more Doctor changed to Lorezapam.  Xanas was doing the job but for a very low period of time.  Lorezapam started with the right foot taking away the light headed and 70% of lackof air. Well, it actually only lasted 1 day because next day I was drowsy. So I saw my Doc again and he said that was a side effect of Lorezapam ( hum, this is sadating) and once that side effect is gone then we can work on reducing the medication and maybe eliminate the medication with time.   I do feel kind of lost with this medication, it clears my mind in the morning but in the afternoon I'm like burned.  I will take this medication until I see my Doc again in 3 weeks but probably take it 3 times daily and reduce to (0.5mg) which is the way I started. Any feedback or comment is appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I take Lorazepam 1mg twice daily. It takes longer to work (about an hour) than some of the other benzos but has a longer action (at best effects should last for 8 hours). I usually take 1 at 8am and another at 4 so that sees me through the day. On the odd occasion where I've had a really bad day and taken more, I also feel really drowsy and have had to sleep in the afternoon. 4 times daily would leave me completely spaced out! I'd recommend twice a day at the most if you can live without taking any more.

All the best x

• Posted

Thanks Nic99, I actually started that rotation yesterday, 1MG at 8AM and 1MG at 4PM.  It worked pretty good for me compared to any other rotation.  At bight I just take something to help me sleep but I noticed that the 2nd pill at 4PM does help you go to sleep early at night. Still get a little light headed but much better than before.  Now I wonderwhat is the next step.  How long have you been taking Lorezapam?
  • Posted

Hi Papote53. Sorry for the long delay in reply. Hope you are doing OK on the lorazepam?

To be honest I have been taking them for too long - about 4 months. The effect is starting to wear off for me but I won't up the dose as they are habit forming and hard to withdraw from. Unfortunately my anxiety just won't go away and these little pills are the only thing that have calmed me down enough to get me through the day some days.

I also wonder what next? I can't take these forever and anti depressants don't seem to work for me. 

Hope you're starting to feel better x

• Posted

papote 1MG of Lorezapam is a very low dose, it shouldnt really be giving you such side effects like you say your experiencing,, i think it may be more so that your worrying about possible side effects of the drug.. Ive taken it in the past but the lowest dosage ive been on is 10MG and usually was taking 20 MG 3 times a day.. i think you might find some quality time alone and spend it laying on ur bed and slowly relaxing your body..and control ur breathing let urself become more aware of ur breathing and that its calm and relaxed, the effects if u are getting them from 1MG wouldnt last very  long i doubt anyway.. after about 2 weeks ur body will be used to it.. remember ur Dr knows what drugs best suite ur needs and if u become less worried and upset .. then ur anxiety levels will drop..ive spent most my life on medication and i know wen i was young it would worry me ..and i created negatives effects from all the worry.. just be patient and it will subside hun
    • Posted

Thanks for all the replies.  ;-)  He actually took me off some time ago and upon my request put me on zoloft (2 weeks) and now pexil (1 night).  It looks like I may have to return to addictive medication because these others are actually giving me great headache and insomnia which elevates my blood pressure. Had like 10 hours sleep the last 4 nights and this is with help.  I alsoi had 2 other medications on the same cathegory and also had serious side effects. ;-(    Still to early with pexil but if it doesn't work I will have no option but to ask for clorezapam or valium.  I took xanax for 45 days before all of this and never took more than 1MG daily but in order to make it work for me he had to upper to 1.5 mg daily which he didn't.  The only medication I can say I had no side effect, felt great and did the job 90%.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.