Lorna

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone tell me whether salad vegetables e.g. lettuce and cucumber can cause hernia pains?  I suspect they do, but can find no mention of them in any hernia websites I have read.

I was just diagnosed as having hiatus hernia today.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That would be a no.  However there may be more that is going on.  I have SIBO (small intestine bacteria overgrowth).  This comes from trauma to the gut and a lot of antibiotics.  This happened to me after my appendix ruptures and two weeks of IV antibiotics.  I am now on a FOB MAP diet.  You might try this.
  • Posted

Cucumbers and lettuce do bother me; particularly If my stomach is irritated from having to take advil or antibiotics.

Good luck on your journey, it can be a crazy one!

• Posted

Really interesting you should mention that. I've had problems with cucumber, and with Braeburn apples (but no other variety - strange but true!). And I had no problems with either before the hernia. I thought it was just me but now there's two of us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.