Lorsartan

Posted , 5 users are following.

Now on lorsartan, having BP fluctuations, dizzy spells, any one else have these side effects ?

Tia

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Tia, Losartan is the only BP drug out of 8 that hasn't given me some nasty side effects.  According to my pharmacist it is the BP drug that he hears least complaints about from his patients.  Having said that, our bodies are all different so can respond differently to any drug.

Did you start off on the lowest dose of Losartan?  That is what is generally recommended with the dose being titrated up as the body gets used to it and as the blood pressure dictates.  If you have only started it very recently, it can take a while for the body to adapt and the blood pressure to settle.  However, talk to your Dr about the dizzy spells - there are many other BP pills to try if Losartan doesn't agree with you. 

• Posted

My gosh 8 different tablets !!

Yes on the lowest dose , I am looking to find the cause of the high BP and look to treat that .

It's just not settling my BP or am I just impatient lol

• Posted

Omg!!

8 different tablets, I do not feel so bad now as am seeing my GP tmrw regarding the Losartan that is not agreeing with me.

• Posted

HAVE taken Losartin for 3 years, In the last  5 months I have developed BP fluctuations, dizzy spells, nausea, but attributed it to other possibilities. Only read about the side effects  a day ago, so decided to take the Losartin in the day as for the last few months I was taking it at night or around 4 a.m..

I didn't take it last night, will take it mid day with lunch, as I had no issues with it for years will see if taking it at another time of day makes a difference.

Don't know for sure what my problem is caused by, but will see an internist this week.

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your side effects . I have to take mine in the morning as I have a very low heart beat and when sleeping it drops to 40 .

I'm changing diet and am researching probiotics, not sure if long term medication use is right anymore , spoke with a Spanish doctor last week who is all for finding the cause of the high BP and treating that . Sort of turned my mind set on it's head !!

• Posted

Diet-wise, providing you are eating healthy foods, avoiding salt, caffeinated drinks, and drinking plenty of water, there isn't a lot more you can do in that area.

For those who are overweight, losing a few pounds might help, as can increasing exercise. De-stressing by way of relaxation therapies such as a Mindfulness course or Tai Chi has helped some people. There can be some medical causes of raised blood pressure - in my case it is chronic kidney disease - some 5468looking for a needle in a haystack - it is what it is unfortunately.

• Posted

Should read: "some might have a genetic predisposition to high BP. Your Spanish doctor might find looking for a cause akin to looking for a needle in a haystack."

• Posted

My cardiologist, who I trust wrote a book called "No white at Night" to help patients. Unfortunatly he is retiring, but he strongly recommends losing pounds and finds it helps his hypertensive patients. I'm due to see him before he retires to seek out who he recommends.

He had switched me from Diovan to Losartan, and it worked the same for about 3 years till January. I thought I might have developed Vit D toxicity but the test is about 180 unpaid by Medicare and the nurse practioner wasn't keen on testing. A miscommunication, she thought I was concerned about not taking enough, apparently I didn't get through that I possibly was overdoing it due to SAD which is very prevelent around here due to the dreary wet and long dark winters. By now the Vit D should have cleared out.

Like your Spanish doctor I am trying to find the cause and do what I can, as you are to help myself without too many scripts for prescriptions.

I've ordered herbal combinations for sleeping and daytime stress and anxiety. I've usually found my own solutions as well as listening to what my physicians have to say.

I agree it is like looking for a needle in a haystack, but....lets face it.. if we don't take care of ourselves it isn't up to the doctor to do more than he can. He or she do what they can, but we have to figure a lot out on our own.

Good luck is part of it. Stumbling on the solution even if it is hit or miss. We keep on trying.

• Posted

Hi Ally

Yes the same Bp goes up and down

Not settling, i ended up at A&E and was put on a drip

• Posted

Its absorption is affected by alcohol and interacts with certain medications. Do you receive any painkillers this period?
  • Posted

Losartan does not usually cause serious side effects and should not be taken together with painkillers. What you describe seem like mild side effects and occur as your body adjust to medication.To avoid dizzy spells, try to get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.