Losartan 25MG

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on Losartan for just over a month.  BP was 168/110 and is now at 130/85 so it is working well.  Had difficulty with taking at bedtime as it made me restless and not sleep well.  Once I started taking it in the morning after breakfast it has worked out much better.  One thing I am noticing is ringing in the ears occasionally.  Is this what is causing it?  Anyone else experience this?  Thanks for listening.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Not exactly ringing but sometimes a slight sound like air in the pipes. Usually if I'm siiting alone in a quiet room. 

• Posted

That is a good result from such a low dose. you are very fortunate.
  • Posted

Hi,

Tinnitus is a rare side effect of the drug, should be on the medication information leaflet with the tablets.

Best wishes

aa

• Posted

Hi

I was on Ramipril for 3-4 years - low dose 2.5mg. No problems with at all. In Jan this year, routine check GP said not controlling bp.

Increased dose to 5mg - within weeks had developed irritating cough.

GP then changed me to Amlodipine. BP WAS controlled but ankles swelled.

In early April was put on 50mg Losartan but could not function. My head was permanently fuzzy and did not feel well. Was controlling bp well.

GP suggested lowering dose to 25mg and take at night.

I have been doing this now for 4 months. It appears to control the BP although I am not sure it is when I am busy at work.

I take my bp reading normally when resting at home (GP said that is correct way to do it).

However still feel rubbish. Fuzzy head, no energy and generally unwell.

Spoke to gp who says it is difficult to find a medication that will suit me.

However - I feel like I am being robbed off. Should I speak to GO again.

I can't function like this!

Thanks

Pam

• Posted

I am in my 3rd month of taking 25 Losartan.  I started out by taking at bedtime hoping to sleep through any side effects but my sleep was very restless.  I starting taking it in the morning right after breakfast and that seems to be working better for me.  I do get very tired by about 2 in the afternoon which really sucks but I believe all  BP meds have some side effects.  I have a follow up with my Dr this week and I hope he doesn't tell me to up my dose to 50mgs  because I know I will have the same issues as you.  So far my BP has been a respectable 125/85 on the 25mg of Losartan.  I hope you work it all out.  This is all very frustrating to get it just right and to be able to function.  My job is very busy but at least I work from home and can deal with being tired on this medication.  If I had to go to the office like everyone else, not sure I would be able to deal....good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.