Losartan

Posted , 4 users are following.

[color=#3a2e28] "The newest of the blood pressure drugs, which also limit angiotensin ll, but by a different mechanism from the ACE inhibitors.[/color]

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

thanks for the info on losartan which as derek says has been around a while but didnt know it targeted the same area as ace inhibitors and therefore directed at kidney driven hypertension. are your angottensin levels raised do you know? 

havnt heard back via email from the new york centre I contacted so am going to send the old fashioned way with a stMped .a e. 

still awaiting a G.P phone call!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

Jennifer0117,

thanks for your post.

One of the reasons I am here is to learn more about health and medications.  I did not know 'kidney driven hypertension' existed and do not understans about ACE inhibitors or 'angottensin levels'.  I hope to use Google and this site to become better informed.

• Posted

sorry noelfitz, there have beenlots of posts and we forget someone new to the ste has not maybe seen these. 

As Derek says keep simple first

lookat your life style

diet theres been lots of info re food to eat and very worth looking at. e. g eat daily banana, avocado BEETROOT, almonds, apricots, green veg or salads, raw garlic, ginger etc

exercise with your fitness level in mind if you dont exercise try to walk daily at least 20mins slowly at first if not well ,but build up to brisk walks. was talking to a friend whose surgery is giving her twelve weeks at a local gym six of them being guided by a Dr. present. I wish!

relaxation, medication, mindfulness techniques lots on the web free .look at Oli Doyle peace andquiet site on mindfulness

self hypnosis patrick  sorry have to look at surname but these are 2.98 eCh and he has one for high blood pressure.

lots of info in a book called The hidden cause of high blood pressure by Dr. J Mann

keep posting and good luck to be guided to what you need,

• Posted

Thanks so much for your excellent advice.  I try to eat well and exercise, as I have diabetes as well as high BP.  However I was advised not to eat bananas.

I am 85 kg, with waist 100 cm, so I would like to lose a bit of weight.  Not easy!!!

• Posted

well you must take advice re bananas. there was a comparison of diets in the mail i think, and the guy who tried these over a period of time came out with the gov/nhs one to be the one that produced most results. maybe you have a dietician involved because of the sugar levels? I think a lot was said about trying to eat smaller portions on the successful diet. theres probably lots of info on the diabetic sites. iam trying to keep to my half an hour brisk walking daily but as they say Baby its cold outside today. keep it all going.

jennifer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.