losartan

Posted , 3 users are following.

Increasing Lorsartan from 50 to 75 leg started cramping

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello kundan9.  Tell your doctor as soon as possible about this leg cramping as it is a serious side effect and can get much worse over time.  I have had serious complications with Lisinopril that began almost 2 years into taking the medication and I'm weaning off it because the side effects and reactions are just too serious and too debilitating...I weaned off of Metoprolol as that medication caused serious side effects into the first year of taking it so if side effects begin I think it's a safe bet they will not get better.  I strongly suggest asking for something else...Good luck and don't let it go...smile   Have you tried to make lifestyle changes with diet, exercise and losing weight if necessary ?  Also, deep breathing helps me to get my heart rate down and in turn helps lower my BP...it takes patience and some time to get used to doing it, but it does work for me...

• Posted

Thank you Beth, as a matter of fact my Cardiologist reduced the doze from 75 to 50mg, and cramping disappear, doing workouts for about 1.5 hours, daily, will start deep breathing
    • Posted

Wow, I'm amazed at your workout time per day...you must feel good...is your BP doing good taking Losartan and working out ?  I hope deep breathing helps you too.  Sounds like you're enjoying working out so good for you and stay well kundan96113.  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.