Losartan

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anybody had weight gain problems with them.. Also has anybody been put on them to help the blood to pump round the heart better..

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

natalie70181...first of all, I've never heard of anyone taking Losartan for the purpose of helping blood pump round the heart better. Losartan is a bp medication, which is intended to lower bp. Whenever bp is lowered, the heart doesn't labour as much..which of course is a good thing. As for weight gain, it's quite possible., but if you've gained a fair bit of weight but have only been taking the Losartan for a short period of time, it's likely not the Losartan.

• Posted

I no it's for bp.. but I've been told I'm on it to make blood flow better round my heart..

• Posted

I've been taking Losartan for a couple of months now. I am taking it because I had the dreaded ACE cough so my doctor switched me to Losartan for high BP. As far as weight gain goes, I can't really say that I have gained any real amount of weight, what I have found is my weight seems to fluctuate a couple of pounds either way every couple of weeks, but no real gain.

• Posted

I'm on it apparently they say for making the blood pump round my heart better..

• Posted

natalie70181..you don't understand. The bp meds do something to the arteries...therefore bloodflow is easier. When blood flow is easier, bp comes down because the heart isn't working as hard anymore.

Get it now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.