Losartan

Posted , 5 users are following.

**Hey, all. Thanks for all the support.

I will keep it short and sweet.

Male: 31

Last reading taken with wrist monitor is: 125/88 (Just ate ~1 hour ago)

Taking: Losartan 25MG Once a day, normally 10am.

Hey, again.

So been taking this for over a solid 2 months just about.

Last few weeks, which I thought was maybe either adjusting or my neck (I have 2 herniated disc) and sometimes when I wake up in morning I have this neck pain that transfer to my head.

I've been feeling a bit off/foggy/head ache that last all day for the most part or pressure in the back of the head, just a random feeling that 'something is there.' Rather annoying.

I just feel off balanced and sometimes a little leaf cheek feels 'fat' or so. Maybe it can be a sinus infection or a dental problem? Recently had some dental work done about 2 weeks ago, so not too sure.

I was thinking about going back to my doctor and swapping meds, as maybe this just does not agree with me.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not likely to be Losartan as very low on side effects. Anything else going on? Other health issues?

• Posted

Thanks, not at I know of beside my neck/herinated disc. I do have random anxiety, I mean I am not dizzy like over the top. I can still drive my car and function, it is just something that is 'bothering' me. I will start up a health change such as dieting/exercise shortly, so I want to make sure. Any ideas? I am overweight so working on that as well. I've done a lot of testing/blood work all looks well.

• Posted

HI Mike,

YOUR neck ache and headache sound very similar to the symptoms i had with anxiety. If you read the anxiety section of this forum you will see these same symptoms.I SUFFERED WITH THIS SAME thing when i had anxiety

• Posted

There are lots of ACE/ARBs, the doctors consider them pretty much interchangeable, and overall they have low side effects.

I tried some cozaar (generic Losartan) early on, and it didn't do much for me, switched to Benicar/olmesartan, which has worked better, longer half-life or something. But your BP seems good, so that part is working for you!

However, and not to make you nervous - do check out the recall on some Losartan pills.

• Posted

Thanks. BP can rasie after eating a little high, but I think that is normal? It did today on a very salty lunch. I need to cut those out, trying.

Other then that, just the foggy/head feeling is a bit annoying to say the most. It is not stopping my day.

• Posted

hi i feel the same way too so been thinking why i already take medication but still some neck pain that makes me feel bad and a bit worried why

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.