Losartan and kidney pain? Anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking losartan for three weeks and my kidneys hurt all the time. Also i have been having alot of anxiety after taking it. Has anyone every had these symptoms? I told my doctor and he said he never heard of these side effects.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was taking losartan for 12 months for high blood pressure but after blood tests my G.P. told me to stop taking it as it was affecting my kidneys.

• Posted

Carolyn, I take Losartan Potassium and was told by a highly recommended pharmacist that it is the blood pressure pill that he hears the least complaints about.

I am proving highly sensitive to many medications and have been trialled on more than 10 different BP pills over the last 7+ years experiencing many side effects, some of them severe and impossible to live with. To compound the problem I have just a sole kidney and more than 12 years ago was disgnosed with chronic kidney disease.

Losartan has been one of the only pills that hasn't produced any discernible side effects. It is known to have the potential to slightly raise creatinine levels which it has in my case but according to my renal consultant this doesn't damage kidneys per se, and should just be monitored to check that the levels remain stable.

Perhaps your Dr will agree to send you for an ultrasound on your kidneys to reassure you?

• Posted

Kidney problems could stem from drinking or possible anxiety. Or it could be an allergic reaction to the medication. Speak to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.