Losartan and photosensitivity

Posted , 4 users are following.

This will be my first summer on 50mg. Losartan and I have heard it can cause photosensitivity. I live at the beach in the summer and am very worried. Anyone on this med and enjoy the sun?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I live on England's  Sunshine Coast and Losartan has not caused me any problems in that respect.  

• Posted

Sunshine Coast - where is that? Torquay ?
  • Posted

I take the same med and dosage and have done for 5 years. I might not live by the sea but I do live in the country and spend much of my time gardening  and walking the dog and have  never had any problems with photosensitivity.
  • Posted

Thanks for the quick replies. I was quite worried about an upcoming trip to the Caribbean and the summer. 
    • Posted

I took my losartan all over the world. One drug that did initially affect me in that way was Verapamil.  
    • Posted

I currently have no side effects and my bp is staying around 115/75. Would love to go back down to 25....
  • Posted

so would I Barbara but in my experience GPs are reluctant to lower a dose but don't seem too bothered about raising it. neutral

• Posted

Spoke to my doc yesterday. She said she would consider 25 again at some point but told me completely coming off was unrealistic. My elevated bp was drug induced from high dose prednisone which I have been off of a year now. 
    • Posted

Maybe you should consider a second opinion...if your elevated bp was drug induced.  Are you still using prednisone?
  • Posted

A friend of mine developed type 2 diabetes after taking prednisolone for fibromyalgia then went on to fall off a cliff with a variety of ailments and medications for the lot.  This was someone who for most of her life had never visited a doctor. She had just put her faith in the drs and when the diabetes developed they just added metformin to the cocktail she was already taking for all the other things. I think you might have got off lightly Barbara!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.