Losartan and side effects.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I have been taking Losartan for 7 years and i have had no side effects like other lowering blood pressure tabs and i have had a few. However, for the past 4 yrs i have suffered aches and pains in my muscles as well as spasms and fatigue, but now a health professional has advised me to change to another medication as the Losartan may be causing this. Anyone any info or experience of this?

Thanks

Stella

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have had similar experience with Losartan. I am having severe backache. The doctor has asked me to take Telmisartan 40 mg. As the switch over to new drug is pretty recent, it is taking time. I am definitely feeling a bit relieved of backache although it has not fully gone.

• Posted

I have also been taking losartin, with amlodopin, my left leg has been weeping with water coming out i am going to the toilet alot. Also my leg feels like lead, and have a red rash, my doctor wants me to stop amlodopin, but next week will question losartin too
  • Posted

I have been on Lorsortan for a few years and ache all the time in my hips and side. No doctor has associated it with the drug.

I also go bright red in the face but only at 7pm every day! I thought it was from driving with the sun roof open but as it continued through winter it is evidently not sun tan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.