Losartan and terrible Cough with chest congestion

Posted , 1 user is following.

Started taking Losartan about 8 weeks ago. Week 7 developed a terrible cough and feels like a chest cold. Already have a nasal issue associated with allergies. Was at the ENT office the other day and mentioned my newly developed cough thought maybe it was related to my allergies. I asked the ENT if he thought that maybe my cough was related to my blood pressure pill and the first thing he asked is if I was taking Lisinopril. I said no it was Losartan and he wasn't familiar with it. I went home and started doing research online and discovered yes Losartan can cause a cough too and chest infection and impact your sinuses as well. So I stopped taking the Losartan 3 days ago. Haven't told my GP doctor as of yet. My chest congestion has eased up and I am coughing way less. Just wondering how long before cough goes away entirely after stopping Losartan. Does anyone have experience with this? Plan to call GP on Tuesday and let him know that we are going to have to find a natural way to lower my blood pressure.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.