Losartan causing me to feel so sleepy during the day

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all - I wonder please if I may ask the help of anyone with personal experience of the BP medication 'Losartan'. I am a 79 year old male, having been on various BP medications over the past 30 years. Over the past 18 months I have been prescribed a daily dose of 1 x 25mg of Losartan. The only side effect I seem to suffer from is feeling so sleepy during daytime, even after a good nights sleep.  I am normally quite an active sort of person, walking daily and generally undertking various jobs around the home, including gardening, painting and decorating, etc., etc. But this sleepyness often steps-in to hold me back. Even driving the car can become very tiring, causing me to eat sugery foods to keep me awake. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. I am hesitant about approaching my GP as I feel that there is no other BP medication for me to try, having been on all the others at various times in the past?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i have the same feeling taking 50mg

• Posted

i started taking 25 losartan a week ago and i started feeling really sleepy with it after taking it...i dont know what to do?! i dint have the energy to do much. im usually very active. please help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.