Losartan....med mix-up

Posted , 5 users are following.

Med bottles changed at pharmacy. Been taking 100mg instead of 50mg for almost 3 weeks. Was told to go to ER.....scared it's going to go high since I dropped to 50mg this morning.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It may have been wiser to drop firstly to 75mg for a few days rather than dropping straight back to 50mg, monitoring your blood pressure each day along the way.  You really have to go by how you feel.   But try not to stress about it - plenty of people have an increased dose of a BP medication and, if it doesn’t agree with them, they are switched back to the lower dose without any problems, and that’s speaking from personal experience.  It may be a good idea to just check it out with the pharmacist for reassurance if you haven’t already done so.   Good luck!
  • Posted

Use your faith, i do this myself i do not always take the 15mg, but i go to 10mg and 7mg sometimes. Its best not to go to high because it makes side effects more likely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.