Losartan stoppinh

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi there,

i have taken 3 doses of Losartan 25mg and two of 50mg and feel awful . Can I just stop LOSARTAN SINCE ITS ONLY BEEN FIVE DAYS? (sorry for all capitals)

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Of course read all the information online or that came with the meds, ask the pharmacist, and ask the doctor.

But I think you will find that the answer is yes, you can stop taking ACE/ARB meds, they don't have to be tapered down, especially after such a brief time.

• Posted

Of course read all the information online or that came with the meds, ask the pharmacist, and ask the doctor.

But I think you will find that the answer is yes, you can stop taking ACE/ARB meds, they don't have to be tapered down, especially after such a brief time.

• Posted

Hi, it shouldn't be an issue. Go back to your GP and explain the side effects. It took me a few attempts to get the right medication as Ramipril and Lorsartan were causing a horrible cough in me. I am on Candasartan now which is fine. But consult your doctor before stopping.

All the best.

• Posted

Only 5 days in I would say stopping would be fine, however I would call my GP and let them know. My GP in the past has told me when I first start taking something that doesn't agree with me (thankfully that's not often) He will tell me to stop taking it and let him know and he will prescribe something else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.