Losarten nightmare.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Am taking 25mg and 12.5mg of Losarten since November 17. At first all was well then began the problems. Stuffy nose first and l hated that so much. Then waking up in the early hours with horrific palpitations. My hair is falling out, my eyesight is blurry and my hearing is massively affected. Also have terrible headaches and now have pain in my knee which l know for sure l haven't hurt. And to top it all my blood pressure is still far from good. I took myself off the 12.5 dose and the stuffy nose has improved, but nothing else!

Does anyone else have this problem on this tablet? Used to be on Amlodopine but that didn't agree with me either. Thanks to anyone who can answer my queries.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi christine i experienced it as well when my doctor gave mo losartan 50mg. Neck pain and palpitation cant sleep at night and anxiety. Even in amlodipine. Then i decided to stop the med and side effects are slowly disappearing u should talk to your dr so that they can give you advice regarding this. What i did is healthy diet and exercise low sodium and sugar. Now its my 4 weeks without meds and my bp is back to normal range. What is your bp now?
    • Posted

Hi Anthony

Thanks for reply. My blood pressure this morning was 167/91. Then this evening it was 138/79 which for me is good. Was yours high too?And if so what have you got it down to on your healthy lifestyle? I try to eat healthy too, ie plenty fruit x veg, no salt as such apart from what's in bread etc. I exercise as best l can being as l am wheelchair bound but quite active on the whole. I am going to make an appointment with Dr and ask to go back on to my previous bp drug, Canderstartin. Although saying that l came off it when Dr upped the dose and my nose became stuffy. Am actually stumped as to what l can do to be honest for the best. Most drugs bring side effects l guess.

Good continued health to you.

• Posted

christine 20029...Never ever take yourself off meds without consulting your Dr. I respect the fact that you feel like sh*t, but stopping meds without the Dr.'s knowledge is a no-no. Most Drs would be p*ssed off.

Losartan, & Candesartan are both in the class of ARB's. I'm a firm believer that just because some meds are in the same class, they could very well have a few different ingredients. My Dr. seems to prefer VALSARTAN when it comes to ARB's. Another good med in the ARB class is IRBESARTAN. 

The diuretic which you refer to is intended to get rid of excess salts in the blood. When that's done, it certainly is a valuable tool in lowering blood pressure. 

• Posted

Ok Mike l do get you when you said l shouldnt go off a drug without Drs say_so. I have an appointment for Thursday so will tell her what I've done. Hopefully she will give me something else, and will give it a good go. Thanks for your concern though.

• Posted

christine20029...I'm glad you're seeing the Dr...BUT you've already gone off the meds. What I meant to say was...one should never stop taking meds without consulting their Dr first.

• Posted

Haven't gone off the 125mg Mike, just the extra 12mg she upped it to. And no doubt be told off for doing that, but l understand and will take it on the chin. Hopefully will be put on something else that agrees with me.

• Posted

I've been taking Amadopliene for years this last year my bp went up doc put me on Losartan I started have headaches after I started taking it and palpations if I bent over it felt like my head would explode.I've researched the CBD oil I'm going to it I'm getting off this crap trying natural treatment all doctors do is give you drugs their not In the healing business they just treat symptoms if they were they wouldn't have a business.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.