Losarton causing dizziness and shortness of breath

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

i am posting this on behalf of my mum.

she had a hypertensive crisis a month ago where her blood pressure hit 220/125. before this she had never taken blood pressure tablets, but after this she was prescribed amlodopine 5mg am and 5mg pm. the amlodipine did succesfully lower her blood pressure but caused her dizziness, palpitations and shortness of breath. she persisted with it for 3 weeks but eventually spoke with the doctor who prescribed 50mg losarton.

she has been taking losarton for a week now and blood pressure has shot up again, and the dizziness has not subsided.

my question is, what does she do? should she persist with the losarton in the hope that eventually the dizziness will go away and it will become effective at lowering her blood pressure? we dont want to jump the gun and try a different medication again.

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks. (sorry about the grammar)

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.