Losing a parent as a child

Posted , 3 users are following.

My father died of heart disease when I was 9 yearsold. It was at our family home and I remember hearing him crying out the night before how he didn't want to die. That's one of only three clear memories I have of him which is strange, surely I should have more. Could PTSD be to blame?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Garant

You need to talk to your Mother and relatives and come to terms with your loss.

Bitter, sweet memories will help to move you on and come to terms with a loss you were unable to come to terms with

You must have been very confused at the loss of your Dad

BOB

• Posted

When were you diagnosed with PTSD? You might find it helpful to speak to your GP? Maybe ask if there is any sort of Grief Counselling in your area that they could refer you to?

Good luck ☘️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.