Losing an ovary

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please help.I am having to my right ovary removed and not sure about the left cause of a huge cyst .... I am terrified about waking up from the surgery to find that I have lost both ovaries and I have been reading the consequences of losing ovaries

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It has been 2 months ago that i had my left ovary and tube taken out cause of a cyst they wouldn't take the other ovary out cause of the estrogen in our body the doctor said it will make us go through menopause fast. How old are u and did they say that u had cysts on both of your ovary cause if u don't u are ok

• Posted

I am 34 years old and the cyst is originated from my right ovary however the cyst is taking up the whole of the my stomach so not known how close if not touching the left ovary I am so worried xx
    • Posted

Where ever the cyst is that is the ovary that they will remove they won't remove both of them if they don't have to u will be ok i was scared at first to but i got over it and i am ok now

• Posted

Hey. I’m having my left ovary and possibly tube removed this Tuesday (borderline tumour). I’m petrified. I’ve been told they will only operate on one side at a time. They need your pre operative consent to remove anything else. I had a laparoscopy 4 weeks ago for this procedure but they didn’t remove the ovary intended at the time because the tube on the other side is blocked so they needed my consent because it would leave my infertile. I highly doubt that they will remove any more than they have said due to consent and because they have to be so careful (I guess they’re afraid of being sued etc). If they’ve said they are removing only one, then they will remove only one unless you tell them otherwise. Hugs. It’s  a scary process as it is. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.