Losing effects of Tibolone?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All

I have been on Tibolone 2.5mg for nearly a year the first few months were amazing but past few months my hot flushes and night sweats have become persistent and awful, I have started getting worsening joint pains too, I feel like I need to up the dose is it possible to be on 5mg daily?

Any ideas why the Tibolone effect has declined?

My routine blood tests and thyroid were ok maybe I need a hormone re-check?

I really like Tibolone for its mood balance and improvement of lady bits but cant handle the sweats and hot flushes!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had to change as was like you on over year flush came back and bleeding saw a consultant gynaecologist she said to low I am now on patch and daily utrogestan but still having problems balancing with bleeding great hrt tibolene x
    • Posted

Hi Joanne

I dont have any bleeding, I was wondering whether to up dose and take 5mg.

What are you taking now and apart from bleeding is everything ok?

I dont want to give up tibolone as it has sorted mood swings and vagina problems completely!!

Thanks for your reply x

• Posted

Yes funny you mention that tibolene,I felt great on as it is good on cognitive brain I am going to ask my consultant who I have a private appointment with end month ,if I can go back on and may be top up it is a brilliant hrt I felt the best on it ,except I was tired and spotting as not strong enough, see what he says ..I will let you know. My fiend takes and has same symptoms as you , hot flush , not as bad when she was not on hrt also my consultant wife takes so must be a good hrt, I know allot about hrt as I start early menopause at 37.now I am 55 

been on lots and tibolene the best I wonder if you could just have some extra oestrogen gel for hot flushes or something like a natural product ..

keep in touch and i have a list for my consuktant as i I want to discuss tibolene again with him I know it’s for the mature person as a low good one x

• Posted

I have been on this hrt for 2.5 months. All good except still getting night flushes around 4 am 
  • Posted

Hi there. I have been on tibilone for 8 weeks now. Feel less tired and joint aches not as bad but have tinnitus really badly now. Have thought about trying to cut it back to see if the tibilone is what is causing the tinnitus but worried about side effects of lowering the dose. All my hot flushes stopped though. Be interested if anyone else has had tinnitus and how they got rid of it. Apparently it can be a side effect of HRT. Thanks
    • Posted

Hi Cathy

I didnt get tinnitus with Tibolone, maybe check with your Doctor? Might not be related would be a shame to give up the Tibolone!

Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.