Losing hair at 14

Posted , 4 users are following.

So my hair line is getting worse as i s ee my brother got super thin hair they are 28 i saw on the albums that thier hairline was like mine when they was like 17 or 16 a friend told me that i got such a redecing hairline can you please help me what should i do 😭😭

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

From your name I'm assuming you're a male 14 year old. I'm really sorry to hear that your male pattern baldness has started so early. And I'm afraid I can't offer you much hope. But I would recommend you see a dermatologist for nothing more than to at least rule out anything else. You can try using minoxidil which helps grow hair. It is sold over the counter. In the US. I'm sorry but I'm assuming you live in the US and maybe that's wrong. In the US it is sold OTC I don't know how it's sold in other countries. And it works very well but the problem is it's not cheap and you have to keep using it or your hair will fall out again. Your dermatologist may have treatment recommendations that you could use too. I have alopecia areata which means my hair comes out in clumps leaving bare patches. When I get a patch I go in she gives me injections into my scalp and my hair grows back. That's why I want you to go to the dermatologist. Maybe this isn't male pattern baldness and maybe it is treatable. I wish you luck my friend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.