losing my hair

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies,

I haven't been on here for awhile. I hope all you ladies are doing well. I have been seriously trying to cope with all this pri menopause, I'm always tired, my hair I have noticed is thinning out, talk about freaking out. I seriously have had every symptom possible. I feel like I am dying slowly. The headachesand knots in my neck and shoulders are just kicking my a $$. Also my skin creeps and crawls to. But most of all my hair falling out, please does anyone know what I can do about it? I seriously don't know how much more I can take

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi julie

My hair use to come out in clumps - block the plug hole - loads in brush -

I then started Kelp capsules 1000mg one a day - after a few weeks it stopped, and my nails were great too - took it for a long while, i then stopped as all was fine - low and behold 10 weeks later hair coming out big time again - so restarted Kelp 1000mg once a day and stopped losing hair.

May be useful for you

Jay x

• Posted

Jay thats very interesting, I wonder if the kelp would help our partners and their male baldness loss !

Sue x

• Posted

Yoi might consider testing your hormones.  Progesterone help stop my hair from falling out.  I know EXACTLY how freeked out this hair loss can be.
    • Posted

Hi Gail

Thats the thing dont want HRT - in my case i am post meno and dont want HRT now - had a ten year peri and got there 😀 naturally.

Progesterone not the answer for me - even my gyno said big no no to that

Good luck ladies

• Posted

Every time I ask my doctor for help, she just looks at me like I'm crazy

I don't understand why she thinks I'm crazy

She's a female, shouldn't she be understanding? She hasn't even asked for blood test for my hormone level. She said beings I'm a smoker, that there is nothing she can do for me. I quit smoking for 10 months and she still wouldn't help me

I was so stressed out that I started smoking again. I feel like there is no hope.

• Posted

Julie change your doctor if you can, last thing you need is a doctor like yours!  Sounds useless to me, The smoking thing, please try and quit not to please your doctor but to allow any healing prossess to take place, your body really needs its vitamin c and smoking is depleting it big time.

You can do it, your doctor has let you down  big time.

Sue x

• Posted

I got to menopause naturally also.  Never had a night sweat or hot flashes and thought I had gotten by very well.  Well........five years past my last period, I am angry at myself  for not doing howmone replacement sooner.  The changes don't stop.  And I'll be darned if I am also willing to let this vaginal atrophy and dryness continue.  

And trust me, these hormones effect a woman's hair.  Look around at all with older woman with nearly bald spots on their head.  I wish I had inherited my mother's incredibally thick hair, I didn't.  And neither did my sister.  She now wears a wig full time.  

• Posted

You seriously need to find a new doctor.  And just because she is female, doesn't mean she has experienced and understands menopause.  I once saw a female endocrinologist who was simply bored and totally worthless.

She'll take notice when she gets to that point in life where it starts to hit her, but until then she'll just be a waste of any woman's time.   

There is hope, but you need to get with the right physician.

There are many, many good authors who specialize in HRT.  

• Posted

Thank you, I am leaving here in a few days to go visit one of my son's. That's when I am quitting smoking begins again. I know I can do it. I've done it before.

I have been taking vitamins, and natural herbs, when I get back from vacation, that's the first thing I am doing is looking for a new doctor.

• Posted

I am really hoping that, some doctor will help me. I am really sorry about your hair to. I was born with outstanding full thick thick hair, and now I have had of falling out. Seriously the worst for a woman to have to deal with. I wish all you ladies the best.
    • Posted

Oh yes agreed on that one. She is worthless doctor. And one day she will see that this menopause is no joke. I am looking into a new doctor. Wish me luck.
    • Posted

Oh yes I an in it. As soon as I can find a new doctor that will help. Thank hun, have a blessed day
    • Posted

Oh look, I can't spell either. Lol

I ment, I am going to find me a new doctor that will help me.

• Posted

Q? Did you ask 4 bioidentical hormones? Are they going to tell me no as I Smoke & Drink ?

• Posted

Hi Julie, oh dear i do feel for you, im whats known as post menapausal at 64 and still feeling tired, my hair has been getting thinner and thinner too, have been feeling really rough latley, trying to go out with hubby today just along the road, to pay tv licence and get electric,  The only time i go out and pop into a couple of charity shops, today i felt just so unwell, just wanted to get back home, so little understanding from hubby who just says whats wrong with you, your all jittery and anxious, i could have cried. im having trerrible itchines after having showers, im now having wash downs with flannels as i cant face it any more, intence stinging itchiness which is like being flicked with acid and then being rubbed over with itching powder, takes about 30-40 mins to ease off, just latley im itching now when not having showers though no wheres as bad as the showers. Im truly shocked and flabbergasted  by all the things im reading about what we women have to cope with, i know i could be far worse though.

Bless you ladies

Sue xx

• Posted

Oh susan556, truly sorry to hear that you are having trouble with all this absolutely rediculous crap us women have to go through. I am feeling your pain as I am having every single symptoms there is to have. What really is disturbing for me is my doctor won't even help me. I think because I am a smoker, needless to say even when I quit for 8 months or longer she still wouldn't help me. I am at my Whitts end with this doctor, looking into finding another one. Frustrated and crying at almost everything. Headaches every day. Thinning hair. Oh lord have mercy on us women. I feel like I am talking in circles. Thank God my husband is understanding about all I am going through. I truly hope that us women find relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.