Losing The Fear..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Heeeeeelllllllppppppp lol

I was on the blueys for 3 weeks and lost 10.5 lbs then went out for a friends Birthday and got a little worse for wear on vodka (avoiding damn calories lol) the proceeded to eat a Frankie and Bennys cheese garlic bread..mmm..

By the time 2 days had gone past I realised that I could miss a tablet and eat fatty things with no side effects. This has destroyed mywillpower as I was using the fear as a way of keeping to my diet....

Then I had a terrible week feeling bad about myself and didn't take any tablets at all, was having lots of memories from my long ago past - on reflaction I realise that this is part of the process of letting my fat/protection go but I really thought that the dieting would be the hard thing - not emotions from my past

I need words of inspiration if anyone has them... alternitavely you could put them in a book and make a million lol

Lisa x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I can identify with lack of willpower, I suffer from that too! I lost 10 stone about 10 years ago, and I put the whole lot back on, and more!

I know it's difficult to be motivated and focussed, but hang in there, nothing tastes as good as being slim feels!

It's worth all the struggles when you drop a dress size, or something you couldn't wear suddenly fits, or you can walk/ climb stairs without feeling breathless.

I am actually housebound without my car, due to my weight, and I wish I'd been brave enough to ask for help before, and try Orlistat.

Take your tablets, keep focussed and you will see results, and feel great!

Good Luck!

Gill

xxx

• Posted

Hi Gill,

Thanks for the support, I feel a little more motivated now!

Well done for trying again - I wish you the best of luck with your journey this time!

I think I will make my new mantra:

\"nothing tastes as good as being slim feels!\"

Its a really motivating sentence - Thank You!

Hope you have a great day!

Lisa xx

• Posted

Hi Lisa

Thanks for the good wishes, I've sent you a private message, with a little more encouragement.

Gill

xxx

• Posted

You just have to get back on the horse so to speak (LOL).. thats my motivation..I have horses sitting there..just waiting for me to ride them.. but I won't.. cos I weigh nearly 21 stone!!

Although saying that.. I started the year in size 30/32 jeans..and on Sunday night a friend who is also losing weight brought me a brand new pair of jeans.. that don't fit her..(too big)..BUT they were a size 24..I laughed at her and said..Can I have another pair for the other leg LOL..

BUT..you know what..I got into them.. yes I got the zip up and the button in..they are tight and look tight so I wouldn't wear them outside.BUT I GOT INTO THEM!!!!!!

I had already swapped all my size 30/32 for smaller 30's or 28s..Bought a pair of 28's off ebay and they fitted for a week and fall down now..

SO I bought a pair of 26's and they arrived yesterday and I wore them out to get the kids last night.. So I bought another pair of 26's yesterday..

And I am going to put all the bigger ones on EBay..that way.. If I don't have them to wear I can get bigger again..

Its a hard, tough and lonely...slog..but its going to be so worth it to have my life back..

I sat down and wrote a list of what I wanted to do.. and why I wanted to lose the weight...It really helped me..

Things like:

Buy clothes in \"normal\" shops

Go to Alton Towers and fit in all the rides

Be able to sit in restaurants that have \"booths\" (you know fixed seats and tables!)

Get high leg boots that I can actually zip up!

Go horseriding

Cycling with my kids..

I am 32 and have just gotten bigger all my life..when I was 16 I was a size 16.. 24 I was a size 24.. I am 32 and was a size 32 in January 2008..

I don't plan to be 34 in a 34 or 36 in a 36.. 36INCHES maybe :lol:

I have tried WW and various others..but none have worked and I have gave up..

BUT this time..something just feels right..something just clicked..its the right time..

I beleive you have to be in the right frame of mind to beat this.. its taken me a while but I still feel like I will succeed..

As my daughter would say...>\"gotta get your head in the game!\" (she loves High school Musical..but its a good saying)

(apolgies for me rambling.. sorry)

• Posted

hi, yes I agree with kayos, writing down goals really helps you to keep motivated. There is also nothing better than going down the sizes in clothes. I started out a 28 at the top and a 24 at bottom and am now a 26 at top (these getting lose lol) and a 22 at the bottom! I'm not selling my bigger trousers yet just putting darts in at the back!! I also aim to be able to have a pair of high leg boots that actually zip up!!

I also did what you did kismet and stopped taking the tablets for a week and stuffed myself with everything I shouldn't. But I woke up on the Monday and thought this is ridiculous and started back on the tablets and watching what I eat - weight still coming off - not sure how much this month as not due at drs. until Monday so will let you know. Keep up the good work and remember \"Rome wasn't built in a day\"!!! The older you get the more the excess weight has an effect on your body.

Good luck with your weight loss to you all. Pat x

• Posted

Hi All,

Thanks for your support - its amazing how helpful it is to hear from people who really understand where you are - I find myself glossing over it to other people and therefore I suppose not actually getting in contact with how I am feeling so unable to move forward.

I realise that I am feeling incredibly sad... not sure why but now I can feel that I know that I can move through it and change will come...

Am still amazed once you make the decision to lose weight how emotional the process is .... I guess I am discovering/rediscovering what I was hiding under the food. This thought is in itself empowering because it is PROGRESS, will keep trying to stop being scared of what I can be and try to embrace it!!!

Love, sunshine and weightloss to you all :o)

Lisa xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.