Losing the plot ....

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is so hard, thinking about food all the time and clock-watching for the time I can eat again. I was particularly naughty yesterday. Went to Sainsbury's to get some oranges and I saw the lovely food on the \"help yourself\" salad counter. That was it. I got myself a large container with mostly Coronation Chicken in it :roll: I weigh tomorrow morning and it will be my own fault if I have put on a few pounds. Might be the kick up the bum I need.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Petal

Everybody gives in now and again, just be extra good to compensate and when you want to eat something you shouldn't ask yourself do you really want it after how hard you've worked. Good luck x

• Posted

Well, I weighed this morning and I have lost 3 pounds. I don't know what is going on. I am definitely eating more. Perhaps I wasn't eating enough before. Or maybe Coronation Chicken is the secret to weight loss lol!!!
  • Posted

Well done Just proves falling off the wagon now and again doesn't stop you losing weight and it gives you something to look forward to and I think it confuses your body into thinking you aren't on a diet anymore.

Maybe your right and you weren't eating enough before and eating different things can help kick start your weight loss. How long have you been on orlistat and how much have you lost in total to date?

• Posted

Hi trying hard, I have been on Orlistat since April 2010. I have lost so far 7.5 stones. As I have been on the tablets for over a year, I reckon the next time I go to the docs he will stop prescribing them even though I want to lose another 3 stones. I will still be overweight for my height but because of my age (60) I reckon that might be the best that I can do.
  • Posted

Wow :shock: Petal that is fantastic. I thought I'd done well to lose 4 and half stone in a year. I started 13th April 2010.

Last time I went the nurse I see most often said about the fact I'd been on them a year and that we'd have to think about me coming off the tablets. I told her the other nurse said I could stay on them til my BMI was 28 as she read it up in the book they look at that the cut off point is 30 but 28 if you have other health issues and agreed to let me carry on as I have high colestral. The nurse I was seeing looked it up in a book (which apparentally gets updated regularly) and said the version she has doesn't say anything about BMI but said that the guidelines says patients can stay on them up to 2 years while they are still losing - she said the guidelines used to stay up to a year.She agreed I could stay on them for a bit longer -so no pressure !!! I weigh about 12 stone 4 now (on her scales) which like you means I'm still overweight by a few stone but don't think I would look right at what is classed as 'ideal weight' which doesn't take into account age though there is a people's choice ideal weight (I'm 52 this year)but like you would like to lose some more. I used to be 7 and half stone in my early twenties but I wouldn't want to be that stick insect now lol

All the GP's must have the same book - I don't know what it's called, maybe you could mention what I said it says in the book. Let us know what your GP says.

Congratulations on your weight loss you must look totally different to what you looked like a year ago. :D

• Posted

Hi both, those are terrific weight losses, well done. An inspiration to the rest of us.

Can I ask something, and if it's too personal then don't reply. I am worried that as I have been overweight for so long I will have saggy skin around my belly and thighs. I'm expecting it on my arms and can cope with that. Have you had a problem or because the weight loss has been gradual and you've been exercising are you ok?

• Posted

I've been overweight for most of my life. Yes, I have saggy skin but its not too bad. The only way to get rid of it is surgically and I won't be doing that.
  • Posted

No it's not too personal a question I think most people will answer people's enquiries I've just not been on line for a few days . No I've not got saggy skin I think there are a few factors; the main factor being it depends how much you have to lose, then how quickly you lose it and thirdly, exercise can help.
  • Posted

I dont know how true this is but i have heard if you regularly rub/massage the 'saggy' areas with lotion it can help firm up the skin
  • Posted

Thanks for your responses. I think if I up my exercise I should be OK. Don't know if anyone saw Embarrasing Fat Bodies last night but the I felt really sorry for everyone on there. I did note though that the woman with the extreme loose skin had lost loads of weight quickly and sounded like she'd done know exercise.

What I find odd about that program is a lot of the people have been going to their doctors already so why have the doctors done nothing!!

• Posted

My Doctors weren't interested when I got upset one remarked how much weight I'd put on ; I'd not seen him for years since I'd had my kids and he always remarked how quickly I lost weight after them yet didn't seem to believe I ate fairly healthily, another who was very overweight herself just said I shouldn't be eating toast or cereals for breakfast! and a third doctor refered me to the nurse practitioner (after I made a show of myself by ended up a blubbering mess) to see if I needed help going through the menopause and HRT replacement which if'd have looked at my notes I'd already been through earlier as a result of my underactive thyroid gland. It was after a discussion with her, inbetween blubbering again, that she offered me Orlistat and really I'm still very angry I was fobbed off and wasn't offered help years early so I'm so grateful to her for taking me seriously and am in a much happier place now :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.