Losing the plot!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I need my life back...this perimenopause thing is a nightmare...i plugged the iron in today to dry my hair...i look about 5 months pregnant too...i can't be bothered getting dressed i look like a troll...i feel about 60....someone give me hope that this will pass and i will emerge from this slug into a butterfly one day soon!

p.s i have no blood left i feel like i lose a pint every 2 weeks!

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi, Have you had your bloods done to test for thyroid or low irone . Worth ruling out
  • Posted

I can't promise it'll be over any time soon but you most definitely are not alone my dear. All that and I cry over all sorts of little things. I have a brain injury and have been blaming my memory on that but perhaps it's more...I can't possibly deal with 8-10 yrs of this!

• Posted

Sounds like me. You are not alone dear. I stay on this site looking for encouragement everyday that I will get through this. It is also very comforting that I'm not the only one.((hugs))

• Posted

You are going through this and will come out the other side you are stronger than you think, don't look to far into the future worrying your going to be suffering for years, live each day moment by moment and try and stay positive, remember it's only body sensations try and carry on doing as much as you can especially walking outside, if I can do it with a balance problem then you can too, try not to panic or get overwhelmed

Hope you can find the strength and try and enjoy doing simple things make every day count

All the best xx

• Posted

Hi there

You could try giving up sugar - I used to rely on it every month but have to give it up for other health reasons - the peri menopause symptoms are less than they used to be and I'm a little calmer - I also do mindfulness once a week now which is definitely a help

Good luck x

• Posted

Hi just wondered how u have up sugar! I take it in tea but hv tried cutting down by drinking fennel and nettle.. I constantly crave sweets and choclate so font know how even to start. Iv tried taking orange sbor fruit but still u crave thanks xx
    • Posted

Hello

Well I had to as doc advised me to for other health reasons - I too loved choc and sweet things - so cut out sugar in tea and mainly drink Herbal teas - ginger, liquorice, fennel, almond, mint all sorts are available now - try a specialst tea company on web rather than packaged...

I used to have sweet teats with dates which are a healthier alternative - I don't have them now but there are plenty of recipes for things such as protein and energy bars and you can put your own ingredients in!

I usually have some fresh fruit for sweet cravings - Apple or bannana with almond butter is nice!

Hope that helps!

• Posted

Hi Jane

Hmm you plugged the iron in??

I've nearly put the ready brek boxed cereal in the fridge!!

And then put my tin of coffee in the microwave!!! ??😜

The brain goes foggy!

I'm like a cat having frequent naps!

I do have scoliosis athritis and disc in all the lower back problems! Drives me mad more so in winter!

But yes you feel unsafe on your own some days. Feel like a small child even it's terrible growing older.🙁

Liz👍

• Posted

Hi Jane,

​Yes, yes i can sympathise too I am going through the perimenopause.  I initally had panic attacks, anxiety around 47,48,49, now i have the bloat, gas and am constipated.  Wish i could fast forward myself out of all of this.  Its horrible!!!!

• Posted

Hello Nikiola

Yep I feel the same pretty some days a walking zombie!!😜

Ugh!!🙁

I feel bloated and humpty dumpy I know that when I was having my monthly up to 2013

I was skinnier than a 12-14 that I have become!! Even my top bits are extra a size and a few cups extra!!!

I've made clothes for my size handy being a designer yep! But miserable going through this dark period of life too.🙁

• Posted

Thnk you ladies for all your kind replies and advice...i am definitley going to cut out the sugar...i'll try anything! I did have high blood sugar levels a few months back plus low iron and zinc...i was put on a 3 months course of iron tablets then the dr took me off them and said i ....i did feel a lot better on them...i think i'll buy some of my own!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.