Losing the plot

Posted , 7 users are following.

Im convinced im going mad. Worried im losing my mind please advise me on what to do. Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

you're okay i understand how you feel lately i feel out of it anxiety makes it worse but its hard not to stress feeling like this rolleyes try to get your mind distracted watch a funny movie etc
  • Posted

Anxiety can make you feel that way at times..if you need help please call a 24 hr help line.Hope you feel better.
  • Posted

Hi, Claire:  I'm so sorry you feel that way.  It is really scary sometime.  I keep remembering what my doctor told me.  She said..If you know you are going crazy, you are not going crazy because if you were, you wouldn't even know you were going crazy. you would think everyone else is crazy....I hope that makes sense to you because every time I think I'm losing it, I remember what she said many years ago. I'm still going to the same doctor and she works with me and makes sure I'm on the right meds for me.  Make sure you get a good doctor that has your interest at heart.  You will be ok, and you are NOT going crazy....HUGS.
  • Posted

Thank you all for your kind words. Im new and still trying to work this out so I hope you all read this. Iv had anxiety/ritual ocd for years currently taking medication I have appointment with my gp next week. Yes I just feel in a daze and a bubble like im on another planet and I keep thinking im going nutty. I know im not aline. X
    • Posted

Could be from the medication,perhaps its the wrong dose of med.My son whos in his 30s had OCD,anxiety and depression.Until his body got used to the antidepressant he felt very out of it,almost like in a fog.When his dose of meds was balanced to the right dose for him..well,now he feels good.He takes Prozac and alprazolam which is generic for xanex.He takes both every day.
  • Posted

You're not going crazy. Something has changed that made ur mindset change. Ur still the same person just anxiety has set in where ur brain needs to process
  • Posted

Sounds like derealization, I'm going through it at the moment. It's common with anxiety. I know it sounds hard, but you just need to try and embrace it, realise that t won't hurt you and it's not real, but you and everything around you IS real.
  • Posted

Does anybody feel it worse in bright lighting? Store lighting?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.