Losing the weight

Posted , 12 users are following.

Gosh is anyone else having trouble losing the weight? I am going to the gym and being good most of the time but nothing is moving inches nor weight. I know that we can gain weight but I am not gaining just not shifting. I have two charity runs and a holiday in Australia to keep me motivated but nothing else happening.I am 48 in July and I really don't want to be in this body anymore. Anyone the same or have any tips?

3 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you are doing well. I have lack of energy and motivation. It is a struggle to get through everyday things I can't begin to think going to gym or loosing weight. I am sure I would do with some big amount if weight loss but not the state of mind I am in. Good luck!

• Posted

I too am 48 in July and I have put on a stone in weight for no reason at all. I also am exhausted and have no motivation to exercise. I do walk and have an exercise bike but today have done nothing. It sounds like you are doing all you can. Maybe reduce carbs? xx
  • Posted

hi joanne because im feeling low in myself i keep comfort eating i know im

putting on weight but feel ive lost interest in the way i look im nearly 51 wished all these feelings would pass 

• Posted

You are not alone. I am really struggling with comfort eating.
  • Posted

Same here. I have been struggling with weight for the last 10 years. I know that it has to be hormones, or lack of them! I have a huge belly that makes me look like a pregnant cow. At least I feel that way at times.

I do give you credit for going to the gym! We all know that helps.

• Posted

I'm exactly the same! I've been very lucky all my life to stay slim relatively easily and could always take any excess weight off in a few weeks. Now I'm fighting the flab every day. I have to exercise several times a week and stick to fruit, veg and lean protein just to stop putting any more weight on, let alone losing any. I feel fat, frumpy and past it. Have had to bite the bullet and buy clothes in a bigger size because I'm left with nothing in my wardrobe I can get into. 

• Posted

Same here, hope things get better for us all.
    • Posted

Yeah I have had to buy bigger clothes too xx

• Posted

You are not alone. It is horrible. I have battled myself horribly about my weight and it just gets worse because I have given up and eat whatever I want. My weight keeps climbing and my gyn doesn't care. I tried to do more exercise and fell and sprained an ankle that is almost healed. I have Crohn's disease also and struggle with high fiber foods... cannot eat as many vegetables as I need because they cause flare-ups. This is a nightmare. Thinking good thoughts for all of you ladies.

• Posted

I know the feeling I have never been over weight till I started this so called journey.... I call it Hell but I have about 25 pounds that just won't go away... I'm a my wits end with it all I'm gonna be 52 in July I feel like 92.. And men say really and I say YEAH REALLY YOU GO THROUGH IT THEN.

• Posted

Hi Joanne, I loss the weight. Like you I, too, tried the gym but it didn't do much to lose the weight. Then my friend & I hired a trainer, who made us run in spurts every 200ft. at an outdoor track where other athletes also practice. We also walked up the stairs doing bounces. We also did stretches which are extremely important. Next is you have to sleep about a good 7-8 hours and last you need to fast 3 times a week for 16 hrs, which is pretty easy. If you want more info on the fasting pm me. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi I'm new on here but really struggling with a bloated belly. I exersice 5 times a week and eat pretty regular but I cannot lose a thing 😟 Could you send me some info on the fasting you mentioned please.

Kind Regards

Vicky

• Posted

Hi Joanna

im exactly the same, I eat healthy, not so much at the weekend..lol, but I go to exercise classes 4-5 times a week, I too am not losing I'm stYing around the same weight, I guess it is to do with our age, I'm 49 next month, in my early forties I could easily lose weight but not now, I go to the gym to remain at my weight, plus it makes me feel more energetic, I think it's just something we have to get used to now, keep training though it can only make you feel better xx

• Posted

Dear Joanne

I noticed weight gain around my hips and tummy, I have managed to loose about a stone gradually, I cut out bread and cut down portion sizes and try to swim two to three days a week, I am a picker too so im more concious of what I am eating. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.