Losing the will now.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed 2016 with the condition after over 10 years of trying to get a referral to a dermatologist. I had an operation on my left arm aug 2019 and now my right arm is packed with cysts and abcesses. I was on minocycline but due to potential side affects I was told to take a break and my dermatologist will see me to re refer me back to plastics for the operation this was 7 months ago and I've had a really really bad flare up and it's been unbearable the last 2 days I cannot move my arm so I cannot do alot of things and I'm on my own with a 3 year old. I currently have my niece here helping wich is a god send. But I was advised by plastics to ask my dermatologist to give me the 2 antibiotics that are more effective but my dermatologist wanted me to continue how I was despite me telling him I have atleast 6-8 boils a week. I honestly don't know how much longer I can continue like this it's absolutely awful. It currently feels like someone is stabbing me in the armpit whilst putting a blow torch on the area. I had sepsis in 2017 (not due to the condition) and I get really really anxious I Could get it again. I have been prescribed flucloxacillin for the current one wich never helps really. Is there anything anyone can suggest to get the pain to a bear able stage? I cannot lift my arm

Thanks for reading I really needed the rant as people who don't suffer with the condition have no idea what it's actually like to live with it and act like I've just got a spot

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

mine are the same. the only thing that works for me id germaline and dressings

i shower or bathe then a good blob of it and a dressing on

it has a little numbing agent in there just takes the edge off , i found if i do this daily by day 3 i have movement in the arm and it is just about ok

have a go see if it works for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.