LOSING WEIGHT

Posted , 3 users are following.

I work out 4 to 5 days a week pus lots of walks ,Eat healthy foods(lots of vegetables etc) bottle of wine end of week and a meal with higher calories than normal, yet i still do not lose weight,5.7 13.5 stone ,most weight appears around my waist,although friends say i don't look overweight but l

feel it. any suggestions? would be most welcome.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

try keeping a diary of everything you eat or drink to see if you can pinpoint anything you could tighten up on - or maybe follow an eating plan designed to help you lose wgt - some people find an organisation such as Weight Watchers or Slimming World helps them be accountable and gives them more discipline as somebody is checking up on them at the end of the wk - another possibility would be input from dietician at your GP surgery or possibly a personal trainer at the gym - you dont have a massive amount to lose - maybe a stone (2 at the most) but nobody becomes ten stone over wgt over night so it is best to nip it in the bud whilst it an amount which is easier tackled - being over wgt starts with a lb which gets unnoticed but when it has grown to half a stone the waist bands start to become tight and by the time we are a stone over wgt we are looking at a bigger size in clothes - 1 stone becomes 2 stones etc etc - it is sneaky and slides on when we are not expecting it or paying attention - so good for you that you want to do something about it - if anyone contacts you trying to sell you stuff as a response to your post above then contact Admin cos this is not a place for advertising however there are some which will try it on and a lot of the stuff they try to push on you is not even legal in this country - the only thing i can think of is to change your exercise regime and do something different to maybe give your body a b it of a jolt if it has become used to the current exercise plan - I am no expert in this field though and someone at the gym would poss be able to give you some tips as to what is best for wgt loss - good luck

• Posted

If you want to lose weight,start by eating 1800 calories a day, cut out all sugar and alcohol and have low gi foods. Weight loss is 80% down to diet and 20% down to exercise.

What type of exercise are you doing apart from walking?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.