Losing weight at last!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just started healthy eating again on Monday after a long period of really not being in the right place to start again.  I weighed myself on Mondayand then again on Wednesday as I really felt like I had lost a few pounds.  I could not believe it when I had actually lost 7lb!! I reckon I needto lose 50 in total, so seeing 7 come off right away has really put me in the right frame of mind. Having a day off today as it is a special day, but I am so pleased!!! didn't actually think it was possible injust two days, crazy but true!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Well done. That's great.

Keep at it :D

• Posted

Thank you, I am basically avoiding bread and all the usual suspects and had a couple of mugs of a diet tea - feeling positive! 
    • Posted

Good

Try more protein. I made chickpeas as curry and had a bowl without the Nan or bread.

Filling and healthy.

Try some quorn products their high in protein and low fat or chicken.

I have shepherds pie etc but bulk it up with more boiled veg

Keep your spirits high.

Your on the right road.

I've got loads I want to lose. You want 50 pounds I need at least 50 kilo more

But I've lost 15 kilo and am still going will get there

I say if I can lose 15 I can lose 50 more

:D

• Posted

Sounds like you are doing well! well done.  I am eating a lot of protein also, I love fish and prawns, so eat a lot of salmon and tuna.  I love salads so that is not a problem at all.  I do love cheese too, so have to be careful with that!, great protein, but not good fat.  I also love eggs, so occasionally have an omelette and use the atkins approach of just protein for a good few hours, it works.  There is someone else who says eat a protein meal with no carbs and then nothing for 4 hours, then a carb meal with nothing for 3 hours. Well my carbs on low on the complex ones and high on the veg/salad so - lets both keep up the good work!

• Posted

keep up the good work - sounds like you are in the zone
    • Posted

I really will try! its quite hard not having any bread, chocolate etc I can do without, but I do love bread, so will have it now and again, maybe at each milestone
  • Posted

stick to low carb foods.. about 40grams a day.. Fat is okay in reasonable amount avoid bread only lo carb wraps high protein. 
  • Posted

Good to hear that you've started your journey. But just be aware that it impossible to metabolise seven pounds of fat in two days. That much body fat is roughly equivalent to 20,000 kcals. Your weight loss is due to the loss of water. This is absolutely typical in the first couple of weeks or so of a weight loss diet. Try weighing yourself every day and keep a record. You'll notice that your weight will vary by a surprisingly large amount from day to day. As your energy intake becomes balanced with your energy requirements you'll find that your recorded weight will stabilise. That is when you will be burning fat and getting a meaningful weight loss.

• Posted

sounds like you are doing well and heading in the right direction however,  i think you get a more realistic view of how things are doing by getting weighed wkly at the same time wearing the same clothes (or none at all say first thing in the morning after using the loo) - the body fluctuates on a daily basis and can be affected by a number of things - so if you weigh yourself more frequently it can be a bit soul destroying if that pointer on the scales does not show the result you would like - the wgt loss is generally more in the first wk or so and then it evens out but well done and keep up the good work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.