Losing weight, blood tests and bone scans normal.

Posted , 6 users are following.

My husband has been losing weight and not eating properly. He's constantly cold, nauseous, eats little and no energy. What can the doctor check for next?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi I would imagine their are a number of diagnosis that could account for your husband's symptoms, some that will be nothing to worry about as in a gastric problem and others that require rapid response, what bloods has your GP taken and have you had any results back yet, if you could give a bit more information as in his age and how much weight he has lost in what time scale it would help

• Posted

Hi Alexandria,

He is 71, his normal weight is 160. Ten pounds down. Blood tests all good, complete head to toe bone scan all came back. He has rheumatoid arthritis for years already, but it never affected his eating before. Thanks and I'll let you all know what the Dr. says next week. I appreciate you taking the time to respond....

• Posted

His weight loss of ten pounds is not too bad and all the tests that he has had coming back normal is a good sign, I personally would be going back to GP and taking a water and a feaces sample to rule out any intestinal bugs, I would also get some food supplement drinks to boost his calorie intake for now
    • Posted

Just to add I also have RA and sometimes before a flare I can lose my appetite due to inflammation build up
    • Posted

You might try the supplement drink Premiere Protein.  The chocolate is really good, and it has 30 gr. of protein.
  • Posted

Hi Diane,

Her has a Dr's appt. next week. We're trying to rule out so much. Could it be a gastro intestinal virus? It's all guessing until he meets with him. He's lost 10 pounds. His normal weight is 160, he was never heavy, but this has us all puzzled. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

• Posted

Hi,

We always had 2 good meals a day. Now that we are retired, and just the two of us now, we have a light lunch and good supper. So many thoughts, now we just need answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.